Blog post !

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
chi
Addict
Addict

Re: Blog post !

Post by chi »

User_Russian wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:51 pm
skywalk wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:19 pmDo you suggest we collapse our lib's to a dll or can we create static libs in the future?
Static libraries can be created even now.
This is done by the tools TailBite, coffit and etc. But unfortunately they are very dependent on the PB static libraries.
Switching to C won't change anything and the dependencies will remain.
Or Pb2StaticLib... But, oh yeah, the dependencies :cry:
Et cetera is my worst enemy
Tenaja
Addict
Addict

Post by Tenaja »

NicTheQuick wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:29 pm
skywalk wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:16 pmI also like the C format you showed. Allman style is by far the easiest to read.
Nice. I didn't know about the names of these styles. I prefer K&R. It's more compact and also easy to read.
I didn't know they had names either, but I've been using Gnu style since before I'd heard of either Gnu or open source...
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

Curly braces only exist for the easy of implementing logical blocks in a compiler. They are simply syntactic fluff, not needed at all as you can clearly see with python. Indent indent until its aldente and ???, WTF is wrong!

Allman is good for my dyslexia.
KayBur
User
User

Post by KayBur »

Tenaja wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:56 am
skywalk wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:16 pmI also like the C format you showed. Allman style is by far the easiest to read.
Nice. I didn't know about the names of these styles. I prefer K&R. It's more compact and also easy to read.
I didn't know they had names either, but I've been using Gnu style since before I'd heard of either Gnu or open source...
It seems to me that for each person absolutely individual perception of text style. The main thing is that it is convenient to work without going into fruitless discussions about what is better.
chi
Addict
Addict

Post by chi »

KayBur wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 pm
Tenaja wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:56 am
It seems to me that for each person absolutely individual perception of text style. The main thing is that it is convenient to work without going into fruitless discussions about what is better.
I'm a Linksträger! Now you, guys...
Et cetera is my worst enemy
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

haha! The topic that can never die. Allman all the way baby! :twisted:
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
Tenaja
Addict
Addict

Post by Tenaja »

KayBur wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 pm It seems to me that for each person absolutely individual perception of text style. The main thing is that it is convenient to work without going into fruitless discussions about what is better.
This ^ is the reason I shared my style, and also why I didn't say it was the best way.
the.weavster
Addict
Addict

Post by the.weavster »

Allman is what they advocate at Harvard :wink:
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

I'm Dyslexic so you can shove all your styles as long as it compiles. It looks the same to me from any angle! :lol:
Allman
KayBur
User
User

Post by KayBur »

Tenaja wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:13 pm
KayBur wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:07 pm It seems to me that for each person absolutely individual perception of text style. The main thing is that it is convenient to work without going into fruitless discussions about what is better.
This ^ is the reason I shared my style, and also why I didn't say it was the best way.
I agree with your position. Sharing your point of view is good, but imposing it on others is bad. It's good that you don't impose anything on anyone. I am for healthy communication and healthy exchange of experience.
ChrisR
Addict
Addict

Post by ChrisR »

idle wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:11 pm I'm Dyslexic so you can shove all your styles as long as it compiles.
Same for me, Slight dislexia, I have learned to deal with it.
And for now, I don't know enough to go behind the box, as long as it compiles.
I am more concerned about the compilation speed which must remain one of the strong points.
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

ChrisR wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:30 pm I am more concerned about the compilation speed which must remain one of the strong points.
I'd expect it to be up to ~2.5 times slower at the most. guess we will just have to wait and see.
cas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by cas »

skywalk wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:33 pm Trust me, K&R is horrible when the code gets large and inline comments and multiple developers.
Allman solves all that noise.
Clang-Format solves all that noise. Each company has its own style guidelines and each developer can just write code in their own personal style of choice but before commiting code to repository, run it through clang-format. There is a clang-format plugin for every popular code editor to make this conversion as easy as possible with a single button click inside code editor.
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

Switching in and out of styles is lame.
Pick 1 and crank. :twisted:
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

Yeah baby. I run my code through goat style. 3 toggles!!! (I love 3 toggle mutant goat style. Probably accounts for why I make so many errors) :mrgreen: :evil: :oops:
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF