PureBasic 5.42 LTS final is available !

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
NoahPhense
Addict
Addict

Re: PureBasic 5.42 LTS final is available !

Post by NoahPhense »

What is the life cycle for 5.42 LTS ?

- np
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
NoahPhense
Addict
Addict

Post by NoahPhense »

Thanks. I've been coding with 5.5, so I haven't had ascii for a while.. more specifically my question is:

1. When is 5.42 going away?
2. What version number will be the next LTS?

Cheers!

- np
Demivec
Addict
Addict

Post by Demivec »

NoahPhense wrote:
Thanks. I've been coding with 5.5, so I haven't had ascii for a while.. more specifically my question is:

1. When is 5.42 going away?
2. What version number will be the next LTS?
1. The next update to v5.42 LTS will be after v5.50 is finalized.
2. The bug fixes are then reflected in the new v5.43 LTS.
NoahPhense
Addict
Addict

Post by NoahPhense »

Demivec wrote:1. The next update to v5.42 LTS will be after v5.50 is finalized.
2. The bug fixes are then reflected in the new v5.43 LTS.
Ok, I think it's coming together. The LTS version numbers have nothing to do with the beta version numbers -- ?

The beta line is a fast track of changes and updates, that will be merged into the LTS every year or two -- ?

- np
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

Regarding your first question; that's correct. Before v5.42 LTS Stable there was several Beta releases. v5.42 LTS Beta 1, .. Beta 2, .. Beta 3
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

By Fred, November 7, 2013 PB Blog post.
Since PureBasic 5.20, we introduced a new LTS suffix after the version name. Some of you wondered what it means, and what was the purpose of it. Basically, a LTS (Long Term Support) version will be supported for 2 years trough bug fixes release without any command or compiler modification. If you need stability in your development, you can choose to stick to an LTS version and then when the support is over go to the next one. We will provide clear migration path when going from one LTS version to another one. The advantage here is you don’t have to worry about code adpation when developping and still have stabilisation releases to have a rock solid development enviromnent. The disadvantage is you don’t get the new features of new major release until the next LTS version is out. That’s a balance to find and a decision to make, but now the choice is yours !
NoahPhense
Addict
Addict

Post by NoahPhense »

Thunder93 wrote:By Fred, November 7, 2013 PB Blog post.
Since PureBasic 5.20, we introduced a new LTS suffix after the version name. Some of you wondered what it means, and what was the purpose of it. Basically, a LTS (Long Term Support) version will be supported for 2 years trough bug fixes release without any command or compiler modification. If you need stability in your development, you can choose to stick to an LTS version and then when the support is over go to the next one. We will provide clear migration path when going from one LTS version to another one. The advantage here is you don’t have to worry about code adpation when developping and still have stabilisation releases to have a rock solid development enviromnent. The disadvantage is you don’t get the new features of new major release until the next LTS version is out. That’s a balance to find and a decision to make, but now the choice is yours !
Damn blog, been a member since 2003. Maybe it's time to go read it. ;)

Thanks for that info.

Cheers!

- np
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

LOL! anytime.