PureBasic Forum
https://www.purebasic.fr/english/

PureBasic 5.23 LTS final is available
https://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=60045
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Fred [ Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  PureBasic 5.23 LTS final is available

Hi there,

As promized, here is the new LTS version which should include most of the latest fixes (excluding new IDE one, solved by the new Unicode mode). Some other fixes available to 5.30 could be missing, as if we changed too many the internals of a lib, we don't want to push it in the old branches. So no fancy new stuff, just a stabilisation release.
It's available on your online account, as always !

Have fun !

The Fantaisie Software team.

Author:  GG [ Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

Thanks Fred.

Author:  Poshu [ Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

Nice :D

Author:  PMV [ Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

Fred wrote:
(excluding new IDE one, solved by the new Unicode mode)

Does that mean the "new IDE" is more unstable? Or is there
another reason? Just curios about that :)

I would suggest everyone to use the IDE from v5.30 with
v5.2x LTS Compiler as the IDEs are always backwards compatible.
And the new features are really nice. Or am i wrong?

Btw. thanks for that. :wink:

MFG PMV

Author:  Fred [ Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

We just don't add anymore feature to an LTS version, and having an Unicode IDE is a feature, so all fixes related to it won't make it in the LTS branch.

Author:  Samuel [ Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

Thanks Fred and team!

Author:  freak [ Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

PMV wrote:
Fred wrote:
(excluding new IDE one, solved by the new Unicode mode)

Does that mean the "new IDE" is more unstable? Or is there
another reason? Just curios about that :)


The IDE is always compiled with the PureBasic version in which it is included. This has multiple benefits, one of which is that it keeps the whole build & packaging process for a PB version simpler. We just build the compiler and libs, and then use that to compile the IDE. The improvements we made to the IDE in 5.30 require PB library features from 5.30 as well. This is why we cannot simply backport them to 5.2x.

PMV wrote:
I would suggest everyone to use the IDE from v5.30 with
v5.2x LTS Compiler as the IDEs are always backwards compatible.
And the new features are really nice. Or am i wrong?


Yes, you can do that.

Author:  graph100 [ Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

freak wrote:
PMV wrote:
I would suggest everyone to use the IDE from v5.30 with
v5.2x LTS Compiler as the IDEs are always backwards compatible.
And the new features are really nice. Or am i wrong?


Yes, you can do that.
Is it possible to associate the right help file with the compiler used ? And the right auto-completion process ?

Author:  Poshu [ Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

graph100 wrote:
Is it possible to associate the right help file with the compiler used ? And the right auto-completion process ?


Autocompletion depends on the compiler as far as I can remeber (I toyed a bit with it a few years back), I don't know about the help file though :/

Author:  kenmo [ Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

Ahh, I see how it works now, so 5.23 (and 5.24, 5.25...) will be the bugfix-only version numbers. Thanks for these Fred!

Author:  Little John [ Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 works fine here (Windows 7 64 bit).
Thank you!

//edit:
Crowed too soon! :)

Author:  Little John [ Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

Are there any plans when the final version of PB 5.23 will be released?
Sorry, I'm just curious. :-)

Author:  Fred [ Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 1 is available

Sure, it should be soon, I'm just looking at some report before.

Author:  Fred [ Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS Beta 2 is available

Beta 2 is available, with some more fixes :)

Author:  Fred [ Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: PureBasic 5.23 LTS final is available

The final version is out !

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/