ProGUI V1.38 UI Library (Small Bug Fix)

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
PrincieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PrincieD »

Thanks for the nice comments guys, it's very encouraging :)
> I am just dying to try these out (pant, pant, dribble, drool, lust)

/me gets the mop with a sigh.
hehehe

User_Russian: looks like there might be a small memory leak in some of the rendering code :shock: I'll look into it :) - should be an easy fix :)

Cheers!

Chris.
mrjiles
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mrjiles »

Wow, this is really nice! Keep up the great work! Will buy a license for it very soon.
PrincieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PrincieD »

mrjiles: Thank you! :D

Just a quick update, I'm currently going through the rendering code with a fine tooth comb - due to a minor memory leak somewhere lol
Hopefully I should have this sorted pretty soon and have a new release out by the beginning of next week! (with a couple of new goodies ;) )

Cheers guys!

Chris.
Tomi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Tomi »

Very cool
Thanks for share
ts-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Post by ts-soft »

Can you use or test the newest TailBite from ABBKlaus with the MULT flag for
Unicode-Support in the UserLib?

greetings
Thomas
PureBasic 5.73 | SpiderBasic 2.30 | Windows 10 Pro (x64) | Linux Mint 20.1 (x64)
Old bugs good, new bugs bad! Updates are evil: might fix old bugs and introduce no new ones.
PrincieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PrincieD »

ts-soft wrote:Can you use or test the newest TailBite from ABBKlaus with the MULT flag for
Unicode-Support in the UserLib?

greetings
Thomas
Yep sure I'll test it out once I've got the other stuff sorted :)
I've fixed all the memory leaks now in the current build I'm working on. The new release should be ready either tomorrow night or the day after, if I don't get distracted lol

Cheers!

Chris.
garretthylltun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by garretthylltun »

What's the status on the memory leak? I'm considering registering this, but would like to be sure that the leak has been fixed before doing so.

BTW, great job so far. :-)

Thanks,
~Garrett
'What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.' - Confucius (550 b.c. to 479 b.c.)
· Necroprogramming FTW! - "Wait.. Is necroprogramming legal?"
· http://www.freewarehome.com/ <-- Freeware listings since 1996
PrincieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PrincieD »

Hey guys!
Here's a quick progress report on the current build. Sorry it's taking a while but I've been working my balls off the past couple of weeks making sure it's perfect before I release the new version (every time i think it's ready I notice something is not right or missing and I have to fix it! lol) :

Fixed all memory leaks and various minor bugs
Fixed rendering bug with PanelEx static control background brushes on theme change
Fixed rendering bug with Whidbey style menues on Windows Classic theme
Fixed bug with Whidbey style keyboard navigation bellow separator bar when up cursor key pressed
Fixed bug with menu keyboard navigation when item selected by pressing enter
Fixed bug inside internal subroutine CalcMenuItemHeight
Fixed bug with menu tracking on edge of screen when classic style menu contains a separator bar
Heavily Optimized rendering including new internal caching engine, faster rendering than original Microsoft Office!
Added UIColourMode/Colour Scheme support for Whidbey style
Added new component colour constants to UI Styles
Added new text rendering engine to MenuEx and TextControlEx: supporting escape code colours, bold, italic, underline and strike through effects.
Added support for checkboxes and radiochecks in menus
Added new command SetMenuExItemState
Added new command GetMenuExItemState
Added new command DisplayPopupMenuEx
Added new command SetMenuItemEx()
Added new command RemoveMenuItemEx()
Added new command InsertMenuItemEx()
Added new command GetMenuItemExText()
Added new command SetMenuExFont
Added new command GetMenuExFont
changed/fixed rendering of menu item size in Whidbey and Office 2003 styles, now pixel perfect!
changed/fixed sub menu aligning in Whidbey and Office 2003, now like office 2003.
changed/fixed drop-shadow sub routines with custom colour/alpha support, now identical to Microsoft Office.
changed/fixed menu item submenu arrow, now always rendered black in Whidbey and Office 2003 styles
changed all internal instances of Set/GetWindowLong and Set/GetClassLong to Ptr versions for 64bit compatiblity.
changed DisableMenuItemEx, can now also accept a returned handle from CreateMenuEx as input
Changed default menu icon size to 16x16 pixels
Improved classic style MenuEx rendering
Improved ease of custom UI colour setup by copying defaults into custom slots at start up.
Corrected a few spelling typos on some of the commands and constants.

Still a few things to do on it and the docs to update along with examples but hopefully very soon I should have it released! :)

Cheers!

Chris.
rsts
Addict
Addict

Post by rsts »

Wow, just keeps getting better and better.

This will be quite a nice addition to the PB toolset.

cheers
garretthylltun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by garretthylltun »

If I register now, will I be able to get the next update when it's released?

Thanks,
~Garrett
'What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.' - Confucius (550 b.c. to 479 b.c.)
PrincieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PrincieD »

garretthylltun: yep sure :) This is kind of a maintenance feature complete release (quite a big update though!). I have quite a few future updates with new stuff planned but the price will remain the same until the really big feature updates are added and if I believe the features warrant an increase in price (which is probably a few updates down the line anyway).

Cheers!

Chris.
garretthylltun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by garretthylltun »

I need a link to your paypal. Sorry, but I don't use MSIE as my browser, if I click the links within the help file it uses MSIE.

BTW, your website doesn't show up for me at all. I've tried for 2 days to visit your site. :-(

~Garrett
PrincieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PrincieD »

I need a link to your paypal. Sorry, but I don't use MSIE as my browser, if I click the links within the help file it uses MSIE.

BTW, your website doesn't show up for me at all. I've tried for 2 days to visit your site. Sad

~Garrett
My domain name www.hashdesign.co.uk is currently down due to problems with 1&1 web hosting. I've changed my web host to freehostia and put up a temporary page for the time being:

http://hashdesign.freehostia.com/Index.html

There's a button on that page where you can purchase a licence for ProGUI. I'll upload a proper version of my site soon once I finish coding this release of ProGUI :)

Chris.
Trond
Always Here
Always Here

Post by Trond »

· Super smooth window resizing, no wild jumping/flickering gadgets!
The text in the office demos jumps when the window is resized. And the text area flickers when the window is enlarged by pulling the top left corner.
When resizing the window from the top, the statusbar flickers and jumps around.
As you can see from the screenshot, there is a flicker when closing the menus, it was so severe I could catch it with PrintScreen on first try. (I have an nvidia geforce 8600m GS so the graphics performance is not the problem.)
Also, the menu items flickers every time they are repainted (either they are not double buffered, or the background is repainted before the buffer is drawn, which defies the purpose of double buffering).

Automatic detection of system font change and resized accordingly. Full keyboard navigation and hotkey support.
If you look at the screenshot, you'll see that the keyboard shortcuts don't fit within the menu. And one (Ctrl+G) is misaligned.
Disabled selected menu items aren't drawn in a different style from disable non-selected menu items, thus creating a major problem for keyboard navigation in menus with many disabled items.
When menu goes off screen automatically fits inside screen
If this is what you mean, then IMHO it's horrible:
Ok, so it fits on the screen, but shouldn't it be attached to the correct menu title?
PrincieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PrincieD »

Trond: All these problems are fixed in the current build I'm working on. Could you let me know what font and size you are using so I can double check with the latest build? thanks mate!

Chris.