InstallForge 1.4.0 | Free Setup Creator

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
c4s
Addict
Addict

Re: InstallForge 1.2.5 Setup-Creator

Post by c4s »

electrochrisso wrote:I had to get out of you website real quick, about 20 windows opened up and I had to kill the browser now I check my computer for malware, you had better check you may have been infiltrated. :shock:
Well, at least there are crappy layer ads from binlayer.com and maybe something else as well...one of the worst things someone could do to his own homepage, I guess this is my testimonial.
If any of you native English speakers have any suggestions for the above text, please let me know (via PM). Thanks!
PrincieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PrincieD »

c4s wrote:
electrochrisso wrote:I had to get out of you website real quick, about 20 windows opened up and I had to kill the browser now I check my computer for malware, you had better check you may have been infiltrated. :shock:
Well, at least there are crappy layer ads from binlayer.com and maybe something else as well...one of the worst things someone could do to his own homepage, I guess this is my testimonial.
I have to agree with c4s Soner although I think it was said a little harshly, popups are never a good idea especially on your product homepage (i.e. it doesn't instill a lot of convidence for your potential user). Maybe have discreet google ads or un-obtrusive banner ads rather than the awful pop-ups! Very attractive site though! so don't let that get you down, just get rid of the popups and it will be a sweet site :)

Chris.
ProGUI - Professional Graphical User Interface Library - http://www.progui.co.uk
c4s
Addict
Addict

Post by c4s »

PrincieD wrote:I have to agree with c4s Soner although I think it was said a little harshly, popups are never a good idea especially on your product homepage (i.e. it doesn't instill a lot of convidence for your potential user). Maybe have discreet google adds or un-obtrusive banner adds rather than the awful pop-ups! Very attractive site though! so don't let that get you down, just get rid of the popups and it will be a sweet site :)

Chris.
Sure, his homepage looks nice.
I said it a little harsh because I absolutely hate these popups. When I see one of those I close the site immediately and will probably never come to it again! So Soner it was meant as a tip. ;)
If any of you native English speakers have any suggestions for the above text, please let me know (via PM). Thanks!
PrincieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PrincieD »

c4s wrote:Sure, his homepage looks nice.
I said it a little harsh because I absolutely hate these popups. When I see one of those I close the site immediately and will probably never come to it again! So Soner it was meant as a tip. ;)
Yes me too! I absolutely hate/loath pop-ups!
ProGUI - Professional Graphical User Interface Library - http://www.progui.co.uk
X0r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by X0r »

I never had any problems with these popups. However I removed the binlayer adv.
Thanks for the testimonial c4s, I will publish it immediately. :mrgreen:
electrochrisso
Addict
Addict

Post by electrochrisso »

Unfortunately I could not hang around long enough to check out the site as I am on a tight budget and have to use my prepaid mobile phone for internet access so I can only afford 150mb per month and these popups really chew up the mb's. I am pretty sure I am not the only one in this situation.
A well streamlined web site is a browsers best friend my friend. :lol:
PureBasic! Purely one of the best 8)
PrincieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PrincieD »

Forge wrote:Thanks for the testimonial c4s, I will publish it immediately. :mrgreen:
lol :lol:
OldSkoolGamer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by OldSkoolGamer »

Will this allow you to put a program into the startup so it starts with windows ?

XP:

c:\windows\start menu\programs\startup

Win7:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
thanos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by thanos »

Hello and congratulations for this app.
I just installed the 1.2.6.2 version in a machine which runs Win7 Ultimate on 32 bits.
When I tried to run the program I took the "Could not the cab10.dll" error message.
Regards.

Thanos
» myPersonal Banker :: Because you do not need to have a master degree in economics in order to organize your finances!
X0r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by X0r »

You mean:
---------------------------
InstallForge
Could not load cab10.dll!
OK
Then just check for the cab10.dll in the InstallForge directory.
thanos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by thanos »

Forge wrote: Then just check for the cab10.dll in the InstallForge directory.
It is existed in the InstallForge's directory, but it is still not working.
Regards.

Thanos
» myPersonal Banker :: Because you do not need to have a master degree in economics in order to organize your finances!
X0r2
New User
New User

Post by X0r2 »

Hey guys,
just wanted to announce that there is an online manual available for InstallForge: http://installforge.net/manuals/ifhowto/

Enjoy!
B.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering / Aerospace Engineering)

Old account: Forge
X0r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by X0r »

Hey guys,
I have just updated the first post of this thread (description text and URLs). Hope you like InstallForge!
OldSkoolGamer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: InstallForge 1.2.9.2 Free Setup Creator

Post by OldSkoolGamer »

I have a similiar issue, though the file size doesn't increase by that much. When I open my project file, InstallForge just freezes and I have to end the task.

EDIT:

I did notice that the proj_licence.rtf file that it creates in the InstallForge directory does exponentially increase in size for some reason, i let it sit for about 30 minutes with the program in 'Not Responding' before ending the task and that file size got up to 246MB in size. Don't know what happened as it was all working fine and just stopped working for some reason, but my project file is still only 4kb in size and all files for the program are only 4.19MB in size, total of 32 files and 3 folders.
Last edited by OldSkoolGamer on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X0r
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: InstallForge 1.2.9.2 Free Setup Creator

Post by X0r »

I am going to take a look at this issue. Thanks for the report!