PureArea.net - Several News + (german) Showcase online

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Progi1984
Addict
Addict

Post by Progi1984 »

Andre wrote:Because of the increasing number of presented DLL and developer tools I've splitted the site into DLL and DevTools, and have also added a new section about useful Include files. I've added a lot of useful wrapper DLL made by Progi84 to the DLL section, as well two new developer tool "highlights": PureGDK & coffIT
Thanks for referencing my wrappers. But my pseudo is bad : Progi84 -> Progi1984 !
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

www.PureArea.net got a new update :)
News wrote:PureArea.net Christmas update!

I wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2009!

The great new PureBasic v4.30 is out in the final version! Get it in your personal download account. The new version brings many cool new things - some of the highlights: full support of 64 Bit processors, many updates to the included 3D OGRE engine, MacOS version supports now also x86. All the changes and improvements you can read in the History. Please be aware of the notes in the PureBasic Blog about converting from PB4.20 to PB4.30.

According to this release I've also updated the Update site and have uploaded a new online manual, the same in .chm format in the download section.

And finally something to laugh: The veneration of the man behind PureBasic, Fred, goes so far... look yourself:

(Picture by Kwaï chang caïne
from french/english forum)
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
Intrigued
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Intrigued »

Andre wrote:www.PureArea.net got a new update :)
News wrote:PureArea.net Christmas update!

I wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2009!

The great new PureBasic v4.30 is out in the final version! Get it in your personal download account. The new version brings many cool new things - some of the highlights: full support of 64 Bit processors, many updates to the included 3D OGRE engine, MacOS version supports now also x86. All the changes and improvements you can read in the History. Please be aware of the notes in the PureBasic Blog about converting from PB4.20 to PB4.30.

According to this release I've also updated the Update site and have uploaded a new online manual, the same in .chm format in the download section.

And finally something to laugh: The veneration of the man behind PureBasic, Fred, goes so far... look yourself:

(Picture by Kwaï chang caïne
from french/english forum)
Thanks!
Intrigued - Registered PureBasic, lifetime updates user
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

... www.PureArea.net got a new update :D
Timo 'Freak' Harter in interview!

While I'm still having a big time problem - today I can offer you a surprise: Timo gave me an interview with many interesting statements about himself and the PureBasic developing. Read more here.

One of the reasons for my lack of time is the work on a own big PureBasic project. It's an edutainment software, which I'm creating together with my friend David 'tinman' McMinn.

You can see a screenshot on the left - more details are top-secret!

You should also take a look regularly in the "PureBasic Team Blog" - there you can read interesting statements from the developers, which couldn't be found on the forums.

I'm myself are hopefully able to provide the next PureArea.net update soon...
For all people you want to read the interview with one click - here is the direct link: http://www.purearea.net/pb/english/indexitvw3.htm

Have fun! 8)
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
rsts
Addict
Addict

Post by rsts »

Very interesting and insightful.

Thanks to you both :D

cheers
Psychophanta
Addict
Addict

Post by Psychophanta »

Mmhhh...
I expected a youtubed interview or so :wink:

Well, seriously, the trajectory of Timo is awesome. Great man!

Just only his character could be a bit improved perhaps, but don't know... just perhaps, 8)

Keep going, Timo, and best regards,
Sincerely

Albert :)
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

While world=business:world+mafia:Wend
Will never leave this forum until the absolute bugfree PB :mrgreen:
djes
Addict
Addict

Post by djes »

Freak> I enjoyed PB since I bought it, and now that you're in the team more than ever! So, a big Thank You Timo!

Andre> Thanks to you too :)
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

Thanks for the nice comments! :D
Bye,
...André
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

A small update, e.g. now with the most actual available PureBasic manual (v4.31 with several improvements):
PureArea.net News on 20-Aug-2009 wrote: PureBasic v4.31 and thirst beta of brand-new PureBasic v4.40 out!

While the v4.31 is mostly "only" a bug-fix release and available to all PB users and interested people (as demo-version), all registered users can already test since some days the first beta versions of the forthcoming v4.40 release. This one brings many great additions like: compiler improvements (new 'Threaded' scope keyword, new .a/.u native types for unsigned byte/word), a new library for using hash-maps, rewritten 2DDrawing support including alpha-channel and gradient support, a greatly improved IDE with improved AutoComplete and Project-Management as well Linux x64 version! You can get it in your personal download account.

In the meantime I've updated the PureBasic docs and release the latest Online-manual PureBasic v4.31+ (original PB4.31 version with several improvements).

The new (german) FAQ site is now also linked in the updated order sites and sitemap.
Bye,
...André
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Re: PureArea.net - Several News + (german) Showcase online

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net on 24th December 2009 wrote: Merry Christmas: PureBasic arrived in the final version v4.40!

PureArea.net wish all users a merry Christmas and a happy New Year 2010!

At this good time we got the "final" version of PureBasic v4.40, which brings again a lot of improvements. More informations and download on http://www.purebasic.com!

I've put online the latest Manual about PB, the Download, Update and History pages were updated as well, and I've done some work on the UserLibs.
Bye,
...André
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net News on 3rd May 2010 wrote: PureBasic v4.50 short before release!

With the release of PureBasic v4.40 at the end of the last year, the PureBasic authors Fred and freak announced, that they want to reduce the "release cycle" for new PureBasic versions to 3-4 months. The goal is some less new features per release, but more regular updates to PureBasic.

So here we are: while the v4.41 release was mostly a bug-fix only, the new v4.50 is already available a "beta3" to all registered users. While we got new features on the compiler side like Maps, Arrays and List in structures, also the IDE and the debugger were improved:

[Image: Data breakpoints]

You can compile for x86/x64 (Windows, Linux) or x86/PowerPC (MacOS) from the same IDE now. And the power of debugger was extended by the new data breakpoints and the Purifier to catch memory-related programming errors.

[Image: The new Purifier]

More interesting informations were released on the "PureBasic Team Blog". While I'm working on the new Manual about PureBasic v4.50 at the moment, the online edition will be released short after final release of v4.50.

But now I will go to my 2 weeks of holidays into the Turkey.

As always my father will handle PureBasic orders in the meantime. Further questions etc. I'll answer when I'm back on 19th May.

And please also take a look at the PureArea.net Showcase, where many interesting projects developed with and for PureBasic can found!
Bye,
...André
Vera
Addict
Addict

Post by Vera »

Dear André,
wishing you a happy joyful relaxing holiday time Image

cheers ~ Vera
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net News on 14th July 2010 wrote: PureBasic v4.50 released / Download access for registered users of the DTP version

The brand-new PureBasic version is available now for all registered users of the full version for almost one month. About some important improvements I already reported on 3rd May 2010, for an overview about all new features and improvements look at the updated Download, Update and History sites. The newest Online manual for PB v4.50 is now online too.

A fantastic german team reached the 3rd place at the soccer World Cup in South Africa - congratulations to Spain for world title!

With the release of PureBasic v4.50 registered users of the DTP version don't have access to the personal download account anymore, as they got only a one year update-right with their PureBasic version from the stores (german PureArea.net reported). This update-right has expired (mostly) already long ago. More from the point of view of the development team and about the upgrade offer I have posted in the (german) FAQ.

Here you go to the order site.
Bye,
...André
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net News on 27th May 2011 wrote: PureBasic v4.60 released as Beta / 10th anniversary of PureBasic

It has taken longer time than usual but with the appearance of the first beta version of PB 4.60 in April 2011 massive improvements in the 3D area (new Ogre engine and many new commands) are on the way to the PB users, but also in the application section was done a lot... one highlight: the new flexible Canvas-Gadget! The complete overview you can find in the PB-Forum!

PureBasic has celebrated its 10th anniversary in the meantime too - read more in the PureBasic-Team-Blog!

Unfortunately, I had much too little time lately, to do anything on PureArea.net. So there are "only" some news today. One PureArea.net helper of the first hour, I would like to say THANK YOU again today and Bye bye: Benny is no longer active in the PB-scene.

While I'm working on the manual for the new PB4.60 version, there was a lot of progress at our project "GeoWorld" (programmed with PureBasic) during the last year.
This will certainly prove once more, that with PureBasic also larger projects can easily be done cross-platform. See the screenshots of the Windows- and MacOS-versions above!
==> www.PureArea.net

PS: I will be on vacations the next 2 weeks! :mrgreen:
Bye,
...André
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net News on 18th September 2011 wrote: RC1 of PureBasic v4.60 released / PureBasic book for free download

The final release of PureBasic version v4.60 is near (after the beta phase the actual "Release Candidate 1" was released 2 weeks ago), you can look forward e.g. to many new 3D features including many included examples! At the moment it's excklusive to registered users, after the final release a new demo version will also be available. You can get the full version - licence with unlimited free updates - for Windows, MacOS and Linux together for only 79 Euro!

The best Book for PureBasic beginners (by 'Kale') is now available as free download - just look at the Book & Tutorial site!
=> http://www.PureArea.net
Bye,
...André