PureArea.net - Several News + (german) Showcase online

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net News on 31st July 2005 wrote: Many incredible News around PureBasic!

After a longer break - I had again much stress at work, have celebrated my 30th birthday and have enjoyed a great REM concert in Dresden - today there is a new update on PureArea.net.

The version v3.94 of PureBasic is near to the final release - and this not only for Windows, as well for Linux and for the first time in a public MacOS version! In only some weeks it should be ready - until then: the latest beta versions you can grab in your personal Download-Account...

The CodeArchiv v2.0 is available in a preview version together with the new C.A.V. tool - look, read & test in the ShowCase.

The new PBOSL package (PureBasic OpenSource Libraries) is online now. This package contains many famous and also new command libraries by Danilo, Rings and other authors, which are now freely available according to the GPL licence. The libs can now be improved or ported to other PureBasic platforms by the community. Notice the PureArea.net site pbosl.purearea.net

Because of this also the UserLibs section was updated, because many libs are now part of the PBOSL package. Also the Links to PureBasic related sites were extended again and there is a new ASM Tutorial.

Furthermore with "Programming 2D scrolling games" the first commercial book about programming with PureBasic was released.

And finally the PureBasic Documentation Project was brought together. It is writing on a PureBasic UserGuide in the stil of the Wikipedia. If you want help - interested people (which probably also want to do other language conversions) can contact me!
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net on 3rd October 2005 wrote: The work on PureBasic v4.0 has started!

After v3.94 of PureBasic for Linux (News and Download) appeared in between, now also the official release of the first final MacOS version is still to come. After that Fred will spend his time very intensive on the long-awaited version 4 of PureBasic.

While the english sites on PureArea.net await the 50,000 visitor soon, there has happened a lot in the PureBasic community: new and updated UserLibs (now already 168 !!!) were released (included also some highlights like Epyx new FX lib with Amiga demo effects as well updates to the PBOSL package), for the PB IDE v3.94 (Windows) there is available now a Swiss-german catalog by Rico 'GreenSnake' Beti, in the ShowCase were added a lot new tools & games and also the PureWiki project is growing well.

I have uploaded all updated codes included in the CodeArchive Preview also into the CodeArchive, so they are already available online till the release of the final v2.0.

Furthermore the Reference manual for PureBasic v3.94 in its latest revision was uploaded and also the Links section was extended again.

More interesting news should follow soon....
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
va!n
Addict
Addict

Post by va!n »

@Andre:
Hi! Great news! Thanks for all your work/support and for sharing this news! Keep on your nice work and nice support :wink:
va!n aka Thorsten

Intel i7-980X Extreme Edition, 12 GB DDR3, Radeon 5870 2GB, Windows7 x64,
zikitrake
Addict
Addict

Post by zikitrake »

:D Great news. Thank you for your work

P.S: Andre, Can you add my MadMix Game Remake to the ShowCase? (it does much illusion to me :D )
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

@va!n & zikitrake: thanks :D
zikitrake wrote:P.S: Andre, Can you add my MadMix Game Remake to the ShowCase? (it does much illusion to me :D )
You're welcome to register an account in the Showcase and present the game with description and screenshots how you like. 8)
(I can then make a german translation of the description if you like)
Bye,
...André
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net on 23rd October 2005 wrote: Large Interview with Frédéric Laboureur released. You ever wanted to know more about the man behind PureBasic? Then read the exclusive Interview, for which Frédéric was so kind to answer me a lot of interesting questions about himself and the past and future of PureBasic.

PureBasic in the press! A PureBasic report was released in the most major Japanese programming magazine this month.

After the release of the new PureBasic MacOS X version I've now also updated the Download, Update and History pages on PureArea.net. Further updates done on PureArea.net: new developer tools are presented in the DevTools section, updated UserLibs are available and also Contact page and SiteMap were updated. Have fun!

PS: There was a downtime problem of PureArea.net today and yesterday - it was related to the hoster and should be solved for the future.
Bye,
...André
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net on 20th November 2005 wrote:Today we have "only" a smaller update on PureArea.net - now we offer 174 UserLibs in their latest versions for downloading.
Bye,
...André
GeoTrail
Addict
Addict

Post by GeoTrail »

Great work Andre :)
I Stepped On A Cornflake!!! Now I'm A Cereal Killer!
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net on 18th December 2005 wrote: Merry Christmas to all PureBasic users out there!

I release a new Contest site on PureArea.net showing you the latest news of PureBasic programming contests. More news will follow soon, as the WinterContest 2005/2006 will start within a few days....

PureArea.net website statistics!
Because I was asked several times now, how many visitors or traffic PureArea.net have, I publish today some actual traffic & hits statistics (6/2003 - 11/2005).

The PureWiki got its own button in the left frame so you can find it easier than now. Everyone is invited to join the large PureBasic online documentation project.

There is a new Tutorial link available and the UserLibs and Links sections were updated.

As several people asked me in the past how they can donate something for all the help they got on PureArea.net I've added a "PayPal Donate" button in the left frame. Donations will be used for the costs of running the website as well for supporting PB developers or supporting programming contests with prices.
Bye,
...André
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net on 15th January 2006 wrote:Nothing special in the News today - all are waiting for PB v4 .

We have again updates to the large UserLibs section.

Think about adding your PureBasic game or tool to the ShowCase, to show other people your great work. There is also time left to participate in the large PureBasic WinterContest 2005/2006 and win attractice prices - but hurry, on 13th February 2006 will be the last day to send your contribution!
Bye,
...André
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

Just to get you informed, that www.PureArea.net is still up-to-date (just have not much time for larger updates) here are the latest news:
PureArea.net on 17-Apr-2006 wrote: PureBasic v4 (Windows) near the final release

Like Frédéric Laboureur told, the final release of PureBasic v4 is not far away - registered PureBasic users can already use the tenth beta version.

Because with the new version 4 many older UserLibs will need a rework and a new compilation, I've extended the related UserLibs section on PureArea.net with two new columns: OS and for which PB version a userlib was created. There are already available the first PB4 compatible UserLibs - also the PBOSL Package is available in a first Alpha version for PB v4, more informations in the related Forum thread.

Beside this a visit in the PureArea.net ShowCase is of course worth-while, because dedicated users offer their new tools and games there. As one of them a very good tool, which helps a lot when converting older v3.94 sources to the v4 syntax, is available.
Bye,
...André
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

Thanks Andre,

your site is simply priceless. Worth it's weight in gold! :D
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net News on 12th June 2006 wrote: It's soccer time!
The world cup in Germany has started on 9th June!

If you ever wanted to see an actual
picture of me, look on the right side ;-)

But the work goes on - I'm still working hard on an improved PB v4 help. It will be released very soon here on PureArea.net! (Current status of the german online help can be viewed here - tell me your meaning about the IDE screenshots. Should they also be included in the english help, also when it blows to 2 MByte because of this?)

To reduce the time to wait, I release today a very interesting (I think so) Interview with Berikco, the author of the Visual Designer included in the PB package. Thanks goes to 'Dare2'

Another update on PureArea.net (e.g. with the first new userlibs for PB v4) I will do within the next days... Stay tuned!
Bye,
...André
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

PureArea.net News on 18th June 2006 wrote: Developer tools and Userlibs for PureBasic v4 (Windows)

Today you find on PureArea.net many useful new and updated developer tools as well userlibs around PureBasic v4. More to come...
www.PureArea.net :mrgreen:

No one said a word about the interview with Berikco. Not interesting enough? Or... ?
Bye,
...André
Inf0Byt3
PureBasic Fanatic
PureBasic Fanatic

Post by Inf0Byt3 »

Let me break the ice :D: I problably will never meet any of you people here, but I must tell you that you are my only REAL friends I've got. So if I could get you all and make a 'PureCity' believe me I'd do it right in this moment. It's a great thing to find out more about the people who changed my boring life to something usefull (The PureBasic team) ;). Thank you all!
BTW, Andre, thanks for adding PureSFX in PureArea. It's a great honor!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. (Goethe)