Inbuilt Constants

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
matty47
User
User

Inbuilt Constants

Post by matty47 »

How can I find what the inbuilt constants refer to? There does not seem to be anything in the help file apart from the #PB ones. There are lots of others . I did find the Scintilla ones on the Scintilla website but what about the #EM_ constants that refer to the editor gadget. Is there a list somewhere?
Thanks for any help.
jacdelad
Addict
Addict

Re: Inbuilt Constants

Post by jacdelad »

EM_* is a Windows API message for edit controls. If you Google the constant (without the "#") you'll find it in the msdn library. The scheme is mostly easy to understand: name of control (listview=LV, checkbox=CB...), type of constant (message=M, notification=N, style=S...), underscore and a name. #LVM_ARRANGE is a listview-message (windows listview is purebasic listicon) that arranges the items.

This does not explain all constants. As I said, you can Google them, without the hashtag.
PureBasic 6.04/XProfan X4a/Embarcadero RAD Studio 11/Perl 5.2/Python 3.10
Windows 11/Ryzen 5800X/32GB RAM/Radeon 7770 OC/3TB SSD/11TB HDD
Synology DS1821+/36GB RAM/130TB
Synology DS920+/20GB RAM/54TB
Synology DS916+ii/8GB RAM/12TB
oreopa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by oreopa »

Goto PureBasic menu: Tools > Structure Viewer... In it there is a "Constants" tab which contains all the natively known constants and their values.
Proud supporter of PB! * Musician * C64/6502 Freak
BarryG
Addict
Addict

Post by BarryG »

jacdelad wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:50 amThe scheme is mostly easy to understand: name of control (listview=LV, checkbox=CB...), type of constant (message=M, notification=N, style=S...), underscore and a name.
Cool, I never knew that. Thanks!