services and more

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
coffee
User
User

services and more

Post by coffee »

Hi you all,

I searched the forum for some code, that will work for services, but most of it is so old that it doesn't work.
My problem:
1.) I need to find services/processes by name. When they are hung (dead), they still show running for some reason, but they not use any memory.
2.) Services are running, but are running out of memory - nothing left, they silently quit/die. How can I find that out.

The program should run every 5 minutes - and take any chance to find out what has quit.
If something quit, kill the dead processes/services and restart the service and/or the process.

Well this is a real world problem and does anyone have a solution or program fragment that would help me?

Thanks in advance
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: services and more

Post by Bitblazer »

coffee wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:10 pm Hi you all,

I searched the forum for some code, that will work for services, but most of it is so old that it doesn't work.
My problem:
1.) I need to find services/processes by name. When they are hung (dead), they still show running for some reason, but they not use any memory.
2.) Services are running, but are running out of memory - nothing left, they silently quit/die. How can I find that out.
If you talk about a windows service, QueryServiceStatusEx should be what you need?
coffee
User
User

Post by coffee »

hi,
yes, but problem is larger. The codes on the forum for services don't seem to work - they are very old.
i wished that someone would have an idea on how to get together that thingy with service and processes - memory and when are they stuck.
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

I mean, there is a search thingy :?
Windows Services & Other Stuff, JHPJHP
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
coffee
User
User

Post by coffee »

download not possible. will include processes?
coffee
User
User

Post by coffee »

yup