Network Speed between clients?

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
vwidmer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Network Speed between clients?

Post by vwidmer »

Any one ever write or have any idea how I can get the network speed between 2 systems?

Like if system 1 connects to system 2 some way for them to know there connection speed back and forth?

Any ideas / code welcome.

Thanks
WARNING: I dont know what I am doing! I just put stuff here and there and sometimes like magic it works. So please improve on my code and post your changes so I can learn more. TIA
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Re: Network Speed between clients?

Post by mk-soft »

I don't know exactly what you mean by speed.

It always depends on how Layer 1 (physical connection) and Layer 2 to 4 (character frame + protocol layer) work together.
Then again up to layer 7 (extended protocol + data)
Furthermore, how fast the server accepts the data and processes and responds to it.

So it's not so easy to say this.

Furthermore there is no client to client communication. It is always client-server communication.
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Network Speed between clients?

Post by Bitblazer »

vwidmer wrote:Any one ever write or have any idea how I can get the network speed between 2 systems?
iPerf
mk-soft wrote:IFurthermore there is no client to client communication. It is always client-server communication.
Hmmm i know what you mean, but p2p exists. It probably depends a lot on the exact definitions and if you see it as some kind of dynamic switching between the client/server roles all the time in case of a p2p network protocol.
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All