PB remote compile and debugging?

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
vwidmer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PB remote compile and debugging?

Post by vwidmer »

My search fu maybe weak so if this has been discussed before please point me in the right direction....

Is there a way to debug / compile PB code on a remote system?

Is something already built in? has some one written a script or program?

The way I do it now is sftp the files to the remote system with the alternative OS then login over vnc open the code in the PB editor run/compile it.

It seems like there has to be a better way of doing this?

Please share any ideas / code etc...

by remote I mean alternative OS like I develop on Linux but write something for Win or OSX

Thanks
WARNING: I dont know what I am doing! I just put stuff here and there and sometimes like magic it works. So please improve on my code and post your changes so I can learn more. TIA
Paul
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Re: PB remote compile and debugging?

Post by Paul »

If you are just wanting to cross compile so you can create executables for alternate operating systems, the best way I have found is to use a Virtual Machine. That way you can write your code on one OS and simply drag and drop the source into a VM on the same computer running a different OS with PB installed. Hit compile and you're done!

The drag&drop to a VM replaces having to remote in to a different machine so it's much faster and saves lots of time.
You can also set up a folder that both your OS and the OS on the VM share which eliminates the drag & drop part.
Image Image