Scintilla version in PB 5.51

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
Tristano
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Scintilla version in PB 5.51

Post by Tristano »

Can anyone tell me which version of Scintilla is included in PureBASIC 5.51 for Windows?

Also:
  1. Does PB for Linux and Mac use the same Scintilla version as Windows?
  2. Is there a way to check the version of the Scintilla library that ships with PureBASIC?
As for point (2), I’m trying to collect info on PB’s libraries version on a Wiki (open to editing for anyone):
and also to gather some documentation and resources for PB libs:
So, any info you can provide will help me to get the right documentation, and I’ll share it at the above links.

I’ve managed to collect a few code hacks to extract purelibs version number, but it doesn’t look like Scintilla provides a function to return the component’s version number, neither there is any constant with that info.

There have been quite a few updates to the Scintilla components in the last couple of years, some features have changed and new ones have been introduced — especially affecting MS Windows. So I would really like to know which Scintilla package version to download for the correct documentation.

PS: I apolgize for this post being almost a duplicate of a previous one, but I’m really stuck on this point.

There is also this post where users are contributing info on libraries versions:
Thanks
The PureBASIC Archives: FOSS Resources:
Tristano
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Scintilla version in PB 5.51

Post by Tristano »

I've found in PB Help/History a reference to the latest update of Scintilla:

http://www.purebasic.com/documentation/ ... story.html
23th July 2014 : Version 5.30

- Changed: Updated Scintilla to version 3.4.2
I guess this is the Scintilla version used by current version of PB (5.51), and that it's the same for all OSs’.

I admit it: I should have looked better — unfortunately the "history" help page is not linked in the documentation Home, and I only got there by search results.
The PureBASIC Archives: FOSS Resources: