How to UPLOAD a file to MEDIAFIRE.com using PB code?

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Re: How to UPLOAD a file to MEDIAFIRE.com using PB code?

Post by Bisonte »

https://www.mediafire.com/developers/core_api/1.5/

this is the official reachable API site of mediafire...
Here you have to read ...

Use the HTTP - Library of PB to get results.
PureBasic 6.10 LTS (Windows x86/x64) | Windows10 Pro x64 | Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus | R9 5900X | 64GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 TI iChill X4 | HAF XF Evo | build by vannicom​​
English is not my native language... (I often use DeepL to translate my texts.)
infratec
Always Here
Always Here

Post by infratec »

If you want to upload to a 'given link' (it is not your account), than it is difficult, as I told you already.
Since it takes to long (of my) time, I'm not willing to do it for you.

It is not easy, because if you really want that drop code, you have to emulate a lot things and do tricky stuff.

If it is your account, you can provide the webupload link, or you can use the API.
But that I have written already.
StarWarsFan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by StarWarsFan »

That is what I am at hardest trying to explain.
I need to go THAT way, not any other way.
The account is not mine. And yet I need a way to upload to that filedrop. Not maybe this, maybe that, not anything else. JUST THAT.

Okay, I see where your problem is. You obviously want money to do it, infratec. How much money do you want, so you can do it then?
Image - There is usually a lot of "try this, maybe do that" but ONLY an example that one can test for themself and get an immediate result actually brings people forward.
NicTheQuick
Addict
Addict

Post by NicTheQuick »

If you want to use their API you have to register as a developer and then get an app token for your specific application. If you want to emulate what a browser does you need to emulate that too. There is Javascript involved, specific HTTP headers to send and receive, cookies and more. That's no easy task to do, especially with the restricted possibilities of Purebasic.

If you are not familiar with web requests at all you will probably need some weeks to learn it properly and then use that knowledge for mediafire. It may would be a bit easier if there is already code in an other programming language available what can do what you need. Then you could use that to convert it to Purebasic.
The english grammar is freeware, you can use it freely - But it's not Open Source, i.e. you can not change it or publish it in altered way.
StarWarsFan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by StarWarsFan »

NicTheQuick wrote:If you are not familiar with web requests at all you will probably need some weeks to learn it properly and then use that knowledge for mediafire.
Yes. That is what I am learning. The hard way, because there are so few working examples apparently.
If you got some links on "Purebasic & Webrequests" that contain working code examples, let me know.
NicTheQuick wrote:It may would be a bit easier if there is already code in an other programming language available what can do what you need. Then you could use that to convert it to Purebasic.
That is hard to find. As of current, I have no code examples at all - which makes it so difficult for someone
like me who has never done it, but wants to learn it.

I also offered to pay money to infratec. Not shy about that.
Image - There is usually a lot of "try this, maybe do that" but ONLY an example that one can test for themself and get an immediate result actually brings people forward.
infratec
Always Here
Always Here

Post by infratec »

I don't want money :wink:

I don't have the time and it is not useful for me.
So I'm not interested.