It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: TabBarGadget - Tabs like in a browser
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:16 pm 
Addict
Addict

Quote:
No. Only Freak did some changes for the DPI compatibility during his implementation into the PB IDE.

Oh interesting. I will compare and see what they changed for the IDE.

Quote:
What do I have to do if i "host" the TabBarGadget code on GitHub?

If the TabBarGadget file never changes, then there's not much benefit. It's just a place to host open source code, documentation, demos. Free account, simple to use. I have hosted PB includefiles there for a while.

But it's best for collaboration, people can write bugfixes and new features, submit them, you and others can review them, merge the changes into the latest "master" version. The PB IDE project is starting to get some contributions.

Maybe it's worth discussing later, if some TabBarGadget changes are made in the IDE project. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:29 am 
Addict
Addict

It looks like the IDE is using your "1.5 Beta 2" (2014) but your latest "1.5 Beta 2a" (2019) has some bugfixes.

The IDE should probably use your latest version (I will handle that).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:16 pm 
Addict
Addict

Quote:
Quote:
1. Do you have any TabBarGadget changes since v1.5 beta 2?

No. Only Freak did some changes for the DPI compatibility during his implementation into the PB IDE.

You know, I have compared the TabBarGadget files in the open source IDE and your releases, and I don't see any DPI changes by the PB team. :?:

Any plans to make version "1.5 Beta 2a" an official release? It looks like you improved the layout functions.

Also, back to GitHub, would you be OK with me hosting a copy of the "1.5 Beta 2a" PBI on GitHub with cosmetic changes? So that it matches the rules of the IDE project:

- convert file from ASCII to UTF-8 with BOM
- remove IDE settings appended to bottom
- reformat via the IDE's "Format indentation" function
- remove trailing whitespace on code lines

All code and comments would remain as you wrote them, all credit to you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:44 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

kenmo wrote:
You know, I have compared the TabBarGadget files in the open source IDE and your releases, and I don't see any DPI changes by the PB team. :?:
There aren't any, else you would see some DesktopScaledX/Y() and DesktopUnScaledX/Y() lines, like:

Code:
\PaddingX                     = DesktopScaledX(6)  ; Space from tab border to text
\PaddingY                     = DesktopScaledX(5)  ; Space from tab border to text
\Margin                       = DesktopScaledX(4)  ; Space from tab to border
\ImageSpace                   = DesktopScaledX(3)  ; Space from image zu text
\ImageSize                    = DesktopScaledX(16)
\CloseButtonSize              = DesktopScaledX(13) ; Size of the close cross
\CheckBoxSize                 = DesktopScaledX(10)
\ArrowSize                    = DesktopScaledX(5)  ; Size of the Arrow in the button in navigation
\ArrowWidth                   = DesktopScaledX(12) ; Width of the Arrow-Button in navigation
\ArrowHeight                  = DesktopScaledX(18) ; Height of the Arrow-Button in navigation
\Radius                       = DesktopScaledX(3)  ; Radius of the edge of the tab

ResizeGadget(\Number, #PB_Ignore, #PB_Ignore, #PB_Ignore, DesktopUnscaledY(Rows*\TabSize+TabBarGadgetInclude\Margin))

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:47 pm 
Addict
Addict

Quote:
Any plans to make version "1.5 Beta 2a" an official release? It looks like you improved the layout functions.

Also, back to GitHub, would you be OK with me hosting a copy of the "1.5 Beta 2a" PBI on GitHub with cosmetic changes?

My plan was to convert the last version (1.5 Beta 2a) to a PB Module and than call it version 1.6, but I never come to this work.
Now, because of the open source project of the IDE, it is more important to help the community with a module version of the TabBarGadget. If you give me roughly one week I try to do this step.

In any case, yes, I agree if you host the last version (perhaps the module version) on GitHub.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:24 pm 
Addict
Addict

Great! Thanks again for it, it's one of the best PB includes of all time. :mrgreen:

Before the Module version, which would be a large code change, would you release a "final" version 1.5? For existing projects which use it as an IncludeFile?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11