PowerPC support or not???

AmigaOS specific forum
Asmodeus
New User
New User

PowerPC support or not???

Post by Asmodeus »

Hi,

I have just stumbled across PureBasic today, and after reading up as much as possible on it from sources all over the internet, I am only left with one question which will determine if I will purchase PureBasic or not.

I see some information sources say that PureBasic does support PowerPC on the Amiga, and other sources say it does not. Some also say it will do, but such revisions are on the backburner for the moment.

Coming from a BB2 background, I believe PureBasic would be a nice transition to PowerPC progamming, but...

Basically, I would like to know if PureBasic will use my Blizzard PowerPC accelerator on my Amiga or not. I wish to develop some apps, involving 3D graphics among other things. PureBasic looks like a nice language to use, but I want to know if it will even make use of the extra grunt provided by the accelerator, or will I be dissappointed by being left with the sputtering '060 instead?

Please give me some detail about the language an how it would access the processor resources.

Thanks.
plouf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by plouf »

atm powerpc is not supported ,for once it was able to produce ppc code (not fully ) but aborted due to small user base
a new version of aos is promised after curently working linux update
and i believe it will not have ppc either but anyway is very anticipated update :wink:
Christos
Asmodeus
New User
New User

PowerPC support

Post by Asmodeus »

Curses!

Will there ever be a PowerPC version of PureBasic for Amigas? (ie classic but upgraded machines)

I want a PPC version. Tht should be all the user base you need :D
Seldon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Seldon »

I think there will be. There was already a PPC compiler and I heared Fred is working on a Mac version (PPC). The only matter is the priority an Amiga version can have due to poor user base.
Dare2

Post by Dare2 »

Asmodeus wrote: I want a PPC version. Tht should be all the user base you need :D
Hehe. I like you already. :)