Kickstarts

AmigaOS specific forum
UEAiiii
New User
New User

Kickstarts

Post by UEAiiii »

Can anyone please tell me where I can download Kickstarts? The ones I really need are: 1.3, 2.4, 3.0 and 3.1. Can anyone please help?
Kale
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by Kale »

I think it may be illegal to download roms if you dont own the machine they come from. ...Use google I'm sure you'll find them though.
--Kale

KarLKoX
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by KarLKoX »

Check your PM ;)
"Qui baise trop bouffe un poil." P. Desproges

http://karlkox.blogspot.com/
UEAiiii
New User
New User

Post by UEAiiii »

i know its illegal Kale but what am i suppose to use for WinUAE and ShDancer most of your websites have taken off the kickstarts, thanks anyway though! and Amiga roms probably are Abandonedware given the fact that nobody uses them anymore ;-)
Doobrey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Doobrey »

UEAiiii wrote:i know its illegal Kale but what am i suppose to use for WinUAE
Simple, buy AmigaForever from Cloanto.

http://www.amigaforever.com
It`s UAE with a few bells and whistles, plus a collection of licensed rom images.

BTW, the idea of "abandonware" isn`t legal .. and where did the 20 year thing come in ?
Copyright expires 70 years after the authors death for a single author, or upto 120 years after first publication for something done by/for a company.
ShDancer
User
User

Post by ShDancer »

Doobrey wrote:
UEAiiii wrote:i know its illegal Kale but what am i suppose to use for WinUAE
Simple, buy AmigaForever from Cloanto.

http://www.amigaforever.com
It`s UAE with a few bells and whistles, plus a collection of licensed rom images.

BTW, the idea of "abandonware" isn`t legal .. and where did the 20 year thing come in ?
Copyright expires 70 years after the authors death for a single author, or upto 120 years after first publication for something done by/for a company.
Nope not all of them, you can try to download from amiga in a box, its not down.
For the Amiga for ever its not more that a compilation of software in conjuntion
with Commodore Amiga Roms you can get that in the web (nothing else to say about this one.)

Sorry its so short but English its not my native Language and its 5:00 Am and Vodka its not as it used to be ;)
Best Regards
[]
Doobrey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Doobrey »

ShDancer wrote: Nope not all of them, you can try to download from amiga in a box, its not down.

Not from AmigaInABox, they/he/she/it had to remove some copyrighted stuff from the original archive, so now it`s just a collection of shareware/freeware stuff without roms or OS.

BTW, you need more vodka, I could still understand you :wink:
ShDancer
User
User

Post by ShDancer »

Doobrey wrote:
ShDancer wrote: Nope not all of them, you can try to download from amiga in a box, its not down.

Not from AmigaInABox, they/he/she/it had to remove some copyrighted stuff from the original archive, so now it`s just a collection of shareware/freeware stuff without roms or OS.

BTW, you need more vodka, I could still understand you :wink:
Opsss i didnt know that, its a long time since i've not download nothing about
Emulators, so that was a link in my bookmarks. 8O

But shurely you can find some Roms on the net, ok i know its not rigth but they
are avaiable for download some were. I was looking in my Hard Drive and i have
it all except for A600, A1200 the only amiga's i own.

I was more like a fan of spectrum, C64, and pc :)

Thanks but i took some time to post here, i've read the post several times before submit,
you know. 8)