It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:30 pm 
Offline
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:14 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Germany (Saxony, Deutscheinsiedel)
I want to finish the next update on www.PureArea.net within the next 1-2 weeks. It's already in the work now, but you can suggest things to add:

    - You miss a description about a keyword (often used word/term) in the PureBasic world? ==> Glossary is the right place.

    - You have created a new userlib or made an update to an existing one? ==> UserLibs section is the right place.

    - You've written or know a DLL or developer tool, which is useful for all PB developers? ==> DevTools section is the right place.

    - You know a useful "Include/Import file" collection for PB programmers? ==> I want to add a new sub-section in PureArea / DevTools section.

    - You know/have a tutorial not already listed on PureArea? ==> Just tell me!

    - You know/have good screenshots of very powerful apps / games written in PB? ==> I want to add them in the Screenshots section!

    - You've written a tool or game in PureBasic and want to show it to the public? ==> Showcase on www.purearea.net is the right section, you can add your tool/game yourself after an easy registration :-)

    - You have a own homepage about PureBasic related stuff (written in or for PB)? ==> Just tell me for adding to the Links section.

    - You've other suggestions? ==> Just tell me!


Just post related links to forum threads or other www sites here in this thread. Or drop me a mail to andre [a] purearea.net

Thanks! :P

_________________
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:30 am 
Offline
Addict
Addict

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:10 pm
Posts: 1153
Andre wrote:
- You know a useful "Include/Import file" collection for PB programmers? ==> I want to add a new sub-section in PureArea / DevTools section.

I think that would be usefull :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:20 pm 
Offline
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:14 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Germany (Saxony, Deutscheinsiedel)
PureArea.net News on 30th May 2008 wrote:
PureBasic v4.20 is out!

"Good things come to those who wait" - with this slogan we could describe the long development time of the new PureBasic version. It is available now as final release for Windows, Linux & MacOS for all registered users in your download account. Fred has given us a very interesting look behind the scenes about all the many things (internally) changed and added for the new and great v4.20 in his (beta6) announcement on the PB forum.

According to this release I've updated the History and Update sites, and have also uploaded new online manual as well in .chm format in the download section. There was also added a combined "Reference manual & CodeArchiv" edition by Stefan Schnell.

I've updated the contact page and added new informations and pictures about the PB team. Also the Glossary, Links and SiteMap pages were updated.

Because of the increasing number of presented DLL and developer tools I've splitted the site into DLL and DevTools, and have also added a new section about useful Include files. I've added a lot of useful wrapper DLL made by Progi84 to the DLL section, as well two new developer tool "highlights": PureGDK & coffIT

I always search for suggestion to present new tools, programs, dlls, etc. on PureArea.net - what you can tell me you find in my posting on english PB forum.

Another bad information: the PureWiki is down since several weeks, too much spam-robots flooded the database. Don't know until now, what will happen with it in the future...

Next week the Uefa Euro 2008 soccer championships are starting in Autria + Switzerland.

And I will have holidays for 2 weeks starting at 23th June, visiting my scottish friend David 'tinman' McMinn!

As usually my father will handle all orders for PureBasic & PureVisionXP during my holidays. Just be aware of the notes on the order site about complete data. Thanks!

_________________
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:51 pm 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:06 pm
Posts: 2212
Location: Argentina
Andre wrote:
I want to finish the next update on www.PureArea.net within the next 1-2 weeks. It's already in the work now, but you can suggest things to add:

    - You miss a description about a keyword (often used word/term) in the PureBasic world? ==> Glossary is the right place.

    - You have created a new userlib or made an update to an existing one? ==> UserLibs section is the right place.

    - You've written or know a DLL or developer tool, which is useful for all PB developers? ==> DevTools section is the right place.

    - You know a useful "Include/Import file" collection for PB programmers? ==> I want to add a new sub-section in PureArea / DevTools section.

    - You know/have a tutorial not already listed on PureArea? ==> Just tell me!

    - You know/have good screenshots of very powerful apps / games written in PB? ==> I want to add them in the Screenshots section!

    - You've written a tool or game in PureBasic and want to show it to the public? ==> Showcase on www.purearea.net is the right section, you can add your tool/game yourself after an easy registration :-)

    - You have a own homepage about PureBasic related stuff (written in or for PB)? ==> Just tell me for adding to the Links section.

    - You've other suggestions? ==> Just tell me!

Just post related links to forum threads or other www sites here in this thread. Or drop me a mail to andre [a] purearea.net

Thanks! :P


You are doing a GREAT job there!!

The idea of putting together the codes archieve in a help chm file was great, i hope this will be updated with many codes that people post here in the forums :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:14 am 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:01 am
Posts: 806
Location: France > Normandy > Near Caen
Andre wrote:
Because of the increasing number of presented DLL and developer tools I've splitted the site into DLL and DevTools, and have also added a new section about useful Include files. I've added a lot of useful wrapper DLL made by Progi84 to the DLL section, as well two new developer tool "highlights": PureGDK & coffIT


Thanks for referencing my wrappers. But my pseudo is bad : Progi84 -> Progi1984 !


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm 
Offline
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:14 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Germany (Saxony, Deutscheinsiedel)
www.PureArea.net got a new update :)

News wrote:
PureArea.net Christmas update!

I wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2009!


The great new PureBasic v4.30 is out in the final version! Get it in your personal download account. The new version brings many cool new things - some of the highlights: full support of 64 Bit processors, many updates to the included 3D OGRE engine, MacOS version supports now also x86. All the changes and improvements you can read in the History. Please be aware of the notes in the PureBasic Blog about converting from PB4.20 to PB4.30.

According to this release I've also updated the Update site and have uploaded a new online manual, the same in .chm format in the download section.

And finally something to laugh: The veneration of the man behind PureBasic, Fred, goes so far... look yourself:

(Picture by Kwaï chang caïne
from french/english forum)

_________________
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:02 am 
Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:55 am
Posts: 501
Location: U.S.A.
Andre wrote:
www.PureArea.net got a new update :)

News wrote:
PureArea.net Christmas update!

I wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2009!


The great new PureBasic v4.30 is out in the final version! Get it in your personal download account. The new version brings many cool new things - some of the highlights: full support of 64 Bit processors, many updates to the included 3D OGRE engine, MacOS version supports now also x86. All the changes and improvements you can read in the History. Please be aware of the notes in the PureBasic Blog about converting from PB4.20 to PB4.30.

According to this release I've also updated the Update site and have uploaded a new online manual, the same in .chm format in the download section.

And finally something to laugh: The veneration of the man behind PureBasic, Fred, goes so far... look yourself:

(Picture by Kwaï chang caïne
from french/english forum)


Thanks!

_________________
Intrigued - Registered PureBasic, lifetime updates user


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:30 pm 
Offline
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:14 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Germany (Saxony, Deutscheinsiedel)
... www.PureArea.net got a new update :D

Quote:
Timo 'Freak' Harter in interview!

While I'm still having a big time problem - today I can offer you a surprise: Timo gave me an interview with many interesting statements about himself and the PureBasic developing. Read more here.

One of the reasons for my lack of time is the work on a own big PureBasic project. It's an edutainment software, which I'm creating together with my friend David 'tinman' McMinn.

You can see a screenshot on the left - more details are top-secret!

You should also take a look regularly in the "PureBasic Team Blog" - there you can read interesting statements from the developers, which couldn't be found on the forums.

I'm myself are hopefully able to provide the next PureArea.net update soon...


For all people you want to read the interview with one click - here is the direct link: http://www.purearea.net/pb/english/indexitvw3.htm

Have fun! 8)

_________________
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:22 pm 
Offline
Addict
Addict

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:39 am
Posts: 2736
Location: Southwest OH - USA
Very interesting and insightful.

Thanks to you both :D

cheers


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:32 pm 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 4385
Location: Spa, relaxing and thinking, and learning...
Mmhhh...
I expected a youtubed interview or so :wink:

Well, seriously, the trajectory of Timo is awesome. Great man!

Just only his character could be a bit improved perhaps, but don't know... just perhaps, 8)

Keep going, Timo, and best regards,
Sincerely

Albert :)

_________________
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

While world=business:world+mafia:Wend
While (world==business) {world+=mafia}


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:08 am 
Offline
Addict
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:46 pm
Posts: 1682
Location: Pas-de-Calais, France
Freak> I enjoyed PB since I bought it, and now that you're in the team more than ever! So, a big Thank You Timo!

Andre> Thanks to you too :)

_________________
Prehistoric games - Bobble Puzzle, Purebreaker 3 ~> http://djes.free.fr


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:11 am 
Offline
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:14 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Germany (Saxony, Deutscheinsiedel)
Thanks for the nice comments! :D

_________________
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 pm 
Offline
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:14 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Germany (Saxony, Deutscheinsiedel)
A small update, e.g. now with the most actual available PureBasic manual (v4.31 with several improvements):

PureArea.net News on 20-Aug-2009 wrote:
PureBasic v4.31 and thirst beta of brand-new PureBasic v4.40 out!

While the v4.31 is mostly "only" a bug-fix release and available to all PB users and interested people (as demo-version), all registered users can already test since some days the first beta versions of the forthcoming v4.40 release. This one brings many great additions like: compiler improvements (new 'Threaded' scope keyword, new .a/.u native types for unsigned byte/word), a new library for using hash-maps, rewritten 2DDrawing support including alpha-channel and gradient support, a greatly improved IDE with improved AutoComplete and Project-Management as well Linux x64 version! You can get it in your personal download account.

In the meantime I've updated the PureBasic docs and release the latest Online-manual PureBasic v4.31+ (original PB4.31 version with several improvements).

The new (german) FAQ site is now also linked in the updated order sites and sitemap.

_________________
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PureArea.net - Several News + (german) Showcase online
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:36 pm 
Offline
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:14 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Germany (Saxony, Deutscheinsiedel)
PureArea.net on 24th December 2009 wrote:
Merry Christmas: PureBasic arrived in the final version v4.40!

PureArea.net wish all users a merry Christmas and a happy New Year 2010!

At this good time we got the "final" version of PureBasic v4.40, which brings again a lot of improvements. More informations and download on http://www.purebasic.com!

I've put online the latest Manual about PB, the Download, Update and History pages were updated as well, and I've done some work on the UserLibs.

_________________
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PureArea.net - Several News + (german) Showcase online
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:16 pm 
Offline
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:14 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Germany (Saxony, Deutscheinsiedel)
PureArea.net News on 3rd May 2010 wrote:
PureBasic v4.50 short before release!

With the release of PureBasic v4.40 at the end of the last year, the PureBasic authors Fred and freak announced, that they want to reduce the "release cycle" for new PureBasic versions to 3-4 months. The goal is some less new features per release, but more regular updates to PureBasic.

So here we are: while the v4.41 release was mostly a bug-fix only, the new v4.50 is already available a "beta3" to all registered users. While we got new features on the compiler side like Maps, Arrays and List in structures, also the IDE and the debugger were improved:

[Image: Data breakpoints]

You can compile for x86/x64 (Windows, Linux) or x86/PowerPC (MacOS) from the same IDE now. And the power of debugger was extended by the new data breakpoints and the Purifier to catch memory-related programming errors.

[Image: The new Purifier]

More interesting informations were released on the "PureBasic Team Blog". While I'm working on the new Manual about PureBasic v4.50 at the moment, the online edition will be released short after final release of v4.50.

But now I will go to my 2 weeks of holidays into the Turkey.

As always my father will handle PureBasic orders in the meantime. Further questions etc. I'll answer when I'm back on 19th May.

And please also take a look at the PureArea.net Showcase, where many interesting projects developed with and for PureBasic can found!

_________________
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

 


Powered by phpBB © 2008 phpBB Group
subSilver+ theme by Canver Software, sponsor Sanal Modifiye