Image Scanning on OS-X

Mac OSX specific forum
wilbert
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Re: Image Scanning on OS-X

Post by wilbert »

TI-994A wrote:And like Shardik said, it wouldn't have been possible without your contributions. I'd have to say that the techniques implemented in this example were most certainly derived from the many API examples that you, and the other OSX gurus, had posted in these forums over the years. Truly educational stuff.
We all contribute :)

It's just nice to see the steps that have been made since PureBasic OSX made the move from Carbon to Cocoa. 8)
Windows (x64)
Raspberry Pi OS (Arm64)
coder14
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by coder14 »

This example worked before but after I upgraded to a newer Xcode I get scan errors. The os is the same version and I tried it on older versions of PB but no luck. The only change on my Mac is Xcode 4.6. Can it be the problem? :?
Shardik
Addict
Addict

Post by Shardik »

coder14 wrote:This example worked before but after I upgraded to a newer Xcode I get scan errors. The os is the same version and I tried it on older versions of PB but no luck. The only change on my Mac is Xcode 4.6. Can it be the problem? :?
To which exact version of Xcode did you upgrade? After having updated the most recent code example I can't reproduce any problems on MacOS 10.7.5 (Lion) with Xcode 4.6.3 using PB 5.44 x86 and x64 in both ASCII and Unicode mode. I also tested the code example successfully on MacOS 10.6.8 with PB 5.44 x86 in ASCII and Unicode mode.

You should also take a look into my tips in your other thread.
coder14
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by coder14 »

Shardik wrote:
coder14 wrote:This example worked before but after I upgraded to a newer Xcode I get scan errors. The os is the same version and I tried it on older versions of PB but no luck. The only change on my Mac is Xcode 4.6. Can it be the problem? :?
To which exact version of Xcode did you upgrade? After having updated the most recent code example I can't reproduce any problems on MacOS 10.7.5 (Lion) with Xcode 4.6.3 using PB 5.44 x86 and x64 in both ASCII and Unicode mode. I also tested the code example successfully on MacOS 10.6.8 with PB 5.44 x86 in ASCII and Unicode mode.

You should also take a look into my tips in your other thread.
I think that it worked for you because your scanner is ADF by default. Mine is a flatbed and the scan failed because the ADF was selected in the "deviceDidBecomeReady" proc. It works now. Thank you.
marcovilliams
New User
New User

Post by marcovilliams »

Hello, Shardik,

Thanks for share image scanning code is very nice after that I use this code. But any situation creates a problem please solve it.

Thanks again!