- irritating that top-buttons are no buttons
- unresizable result pane is too tiny to check the list comfortably, free resizing would be fine
I will try to see if I can make it autoresize... The problem is with the other gadgets in the other pages but there has to be a solution for this.
- very frustrating that you can't go back from result-pane to do the next scan, (especially if 0 results in 0 seconds found, so one of the settings is missing
) or change any setting...
- with restarting it would have been nice if the selected folders would have been remembered
- scan of filetypes cannot be unchecked, but it doesn't matter if there's no entry
tip: on Scan zones \ File types
it's more natural to have the positive (including) question first, before a neglecting one (excluding). I would switch these two rows.
- additional popups on scan-filetypes strings showing an example of the insert-pattern would enhance the 'intuitiv' usage (e.g.: bat,cad,chm,...)
These are easy to add
- export to text: total duplicates doesn't corespond to found results, it's much much higher
I've tested this, seems to work well. Note that the list contains all the files, including the original and all the clones (we can have more than 2).
- match-option: contents: do you really mean the contents or is this an MD5-check (value) ?
The match is done by contents, MD5 is not involved. Basically the matcher works like this:
-The scan is first performed at size level.
-The files that have the same size are hashed with CRC32.
-If the obtained hashes match, the files are compared at byte level.
This way should be 100% safe, false positives cannot occur.
* I had joy translating the program-guide to german and reached about 75% allready. I'll hand it over as soon it's in alpha stage
That's very nice, thank you for taking the time to translate BDF
I'll start implementing the suggestions for the next version.