I decided to post our internal "To Do" list related to the manual, so everyone is aware what's already noted and is able to add suggestions.
As well Fred, freak and I are able to make (public) statements about "what's done"...
But important! It would be very helpful, if larger discussions about suggestions are avoided. I know this already from german forum, when the topics are becoming too long...
I will review the following list from time to time, and added new requested suggestion or marked topics with "[Done]".
Docs::Manual (always valid for english version, other languages are independent)
- following examples are linked in the docs, but not available: [Done] Gadget3D.pb, Sound3D.pb, Window3D.pb
Node.pb (Note: there is still no example code, but the wrong link in the docs was removed)
- OpenDatabaseRequester(): description of optional parameter [, Plugin] is missing in the docs
- Process lib: adding Source example
- 3D engine: source example, showing stuff like collision, etc.
- EventLParam() / EventWParam() : users are requesting manual descriptions for them, because they are included since PB 2.4 but still not officialy supported...
- Math lib: currently there is noted in the Overview, that mostly .f floats are supported. Either Doubles should also be supported by PB or a note about this (and correct type converting) must be added.
- Unicode example - there should be one in Examples directory, as many users are requesting this.
- 8192x8192 restriction for images was removed? => then the docs must be updated
- Terrain lib: the generating of realtime-shadows on terrains isn't supported by PB now. A note should be added to the manual - or will this be fixed within a short time?
- Goto: more "warnings" at related keywords (Select...), that it shouldn't be used because of stack problems (see here: viewtopic.php?t=28136
- Add3DArchive(): documentation about the return value is missing (adding archive sucessful or not?)[Separate bug-thread]
- WaitWindowEvent(): a note about the default value (number or PB constant) of the optional 'TimeOut' parameter is missing[Separate bug-thread]
- Fog/SkyDome (and probably other 3D commands too): more informations about parameter type and possible ranges are required (see here: http://www.purebasic.fr/german/viewtopi ... 946#216946
- 3D libs: include "#PB_Compiler_Home +" in every example code to make them runnable!? (see here: http://www.purebasic.fr/german/viewtopi ... 951#216951
- 'Compile executable' is completely missing in the IDE_Compiler.txt doc - e.g. there should be added a note, that on MacOS ".app" must be added to the executable name to make it run stand-alone[Separate bug-thread]
- #PB_Integer constant is not mentioned in the docs
- MD5Fingerprint(): Rework the example + add a note about correct usage on older Windows OS (see german thread
- Scintilla.txt: example + screenshot should be added to the docs
- Library Subsystems: DirectX 7 need to mentioned with PB4.40!Topics added because of suggestions in this thread:
- PB functions implemented as inline - have a mention of it the doc. Sometimes knowing a certain function is inlined (no stack used) can influence some decisions.
- mention in the manual about PureBasic SDK and its use.
- suggestion about AESEncoder()[Done]
- note at Chr(), that it can contain also Unicode characters[Separate bug-thread]
- add 'NewMap' (and probably other new keywords) to the CHM help-index (DocMaker issue) [Done] - documentation of the new 2D Drawing commands, drawing modes, etc.
- add a note about "Compiler options" ignored when using "Create executable" (see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40225
- use descriptions in "Survival Guide" by blueznl' about type casting and expression evaluation for improving the manual
- Goto leaving Select:Case blocks lead to a unbalanced stack / better use If:Endif blocks thens => add a comment to the manual- [..... more to be added here ....]
- 08/28/2010: complete manual: a note about the really used standard (Windows-1252) instead of only "ASCII mode" is requested
- 09/02/2010: Base64Decoder(): output buffer should be 25% instead of 33% (see following discussion about percental math...)
- 09/04/2010: RemoveString() and ReplaceString() need a description of what value to use for the default search mode when specifying a StartPosition
- 09/09/2010: DatabaseUpdate() example should mention both parameters + several listed missing translations in french manual
- 09/10/2010: GetFunction() refers to CallFunctionFast() and CallCFunctionFast(). It would be better if it referred to the prototypes
- 09/24/2010: [Separate bug-thread]
AddMailAttachment() has desicriptions of mime types, some desicriptions are written in French
- 10/08/2010: [Done]
Pressing F1 on InputEvent3D() brings up the help with a "This program cannot display the webpage" message
- 01/06/2011: declaring constants is possible more than once, if they are declared with the same value each time + add a remark regarding the evaluation of strings in conditional expressions
- 01/08/2011: "Customizing the IDE" - suggestion for adding a more precise description
- 01/19/2011: SetMenuItemState() is set to checked(ON) with any non-zero entry, -1,+1,99,etc.
- 01/25/2011: Texture : Loadtexture() can even load *.DDS files (check the really supported gfx format, as the Ogre.log lists a lot more supported formats)
- 03/09/2011: [Separate bug-thread]
structure related Compiler Functions + more are missing in the index: Win64, Help Index. InitializeStructure, CopyStructure and ClearStructure
- 03/13/2011: CreateImage() is no longer restricted to 8192x8192, but is now 32000x32000
- 04/22/2011: if a procedure doesn't include a 'ProcedureReturn' the return value defaults to zero
- 05/05/2011: ScrollBarGadget() code example does not scroll anything
- 06/16/2011: [Done]
CopyMemoryString() should be updated to describe the need to allow space for the #Null at the end of a string...Also be aware of notes about improving the manual by german users here: http://www.purebasic.fr/german/viewtopic.php?t=7908
(old) http://www.purebasic.fr/german/viewtopic.php?t=12957 http://www.purebasic.fr/german/viewtopic.php?t=12958
(Please note: the list above is partly already a bit older, so some things are probably already done