Yes, AV problem with installing PB5.61 Final

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
marc_256
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, AV problem with installing PB5.61 Final

Post by marc_256 »

Hello,

after some years of no programming, I wanted to restart my PB programming.
So, first at all, installed yesterday a new AV (latest bitdefender)
and this morning I installed PB 5.61 Final (x64) - win 8.1 / x64
and yes, I had this warnings ...

"IPersistFile::Save failed; code 0x80070005"
access refused

is this a PB message or can this be a AV message ?

thanks,
marc,
- every professional was once an amateur - greetings from Pajottenland - Belgium -
PS: sorry for my english I speak flemish ...
Dude
Addict
Addict

Re: Yes, AV problem with installing PB5.61 Final

Post by Dude »

Disable your AV and then try to compile your PureBasic app. If it compiles, then your AV is the problem.
Daffodil
New User
New User

Post by Daffodil »

I'm having the same issue installing Purebasic Windows 64 bit version 5.7.1 on a Windows 10 laptop. The error is "IPersistFile: Access denied". I cannot disable my AV to test the theory mentioned in the post above, but am not convinced that would be the issue anyway since I use McAfee and presumably so do a lot of other users.

The install continues after the error and completes successfully. The issue is that it only installs the demo version of Purebasic so I can no longer save long PB files. I can run my programs after splitting the code into many smaller files but that is painful. I have been a PB subscriber since early 2000. I downloaded the install file after logging in to the support site under my registered id.

I have a suspicion that wherever the PureBasic Subscriber Registration information is stored (e.g. in the registry or a file in a set location) is somewhere I do not have access to update (I do not own this laptop). I tried running the install program as Administrator but got the same result. Hoping to reopen this thread. Any ideas? Thanks
Bisonte
Addict
Addict

Post by Bisonte »

Rule : If you can't "whitelist" a program or a folder at the settings of your AV .... deinstall it and use another one !
PureBasic 6.04 LTS (Windows x86/x64) | Windows10 Pro x64 | Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus | R9 5900X | 64GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 TI iChill X4 | HAF XF Evo | build by vannicom​​
English is not my native language... (I often use DeepL to translate my texts.)
Bitblazer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Bitblazer »

Bisonte wrote:Rule : If you can't "whitelist" a program or a folder at the settings of your AV .... deinstall it and use another one !
Indeed, i switched to Kaspersky Internet Security and that solved the trouble i had with two other products before. Some products on the AV market are rediculously amateurish.
webpage - discord chat links -> purebasic GPT4All
DK_PETER
Addict
Addict

Post by DK_PETER »

Current configurations:
Ubuntu 20.04/64 bit - Window 10 64 bit
Intel 6800K, GeForce Gtx 1060, 32 gb ram.
Amd Ryzen 9 5950X, GeForce 3070, 128 gb ram.