remote debugging disconnecting?

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

remote debugging disconnecting?

Post by Rinzwind »

I'm trying the remote debug feature (running the program with /debugconnect=127.0.0.1 and running the standalone debugger with pbdebugger /listen). But if I pause on a breakpoint, after a few seconds the program disconnects... which makes is quite frustrating to debug if it is constantly going to disconnect. Am I missing something? Thanks

---------------------------
PureBasic Debugger
The debugged executable did not respond to communication for 10 seconds. Disconnecting.
OK
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: remote debugging disconnecting?

Post by Rinzwind »

no one?
Can I adjust the timeout? Pausing at breakpoints and inspecting values is a common use case. If the debugger disconnects while doing that it makes it a difficult process.
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

aha, file/preferences/debugger/timeout for debugger startup is the setting that changes this (although the word 'startup' is not really covering the situation).

Would be nice to integrate remote debugging in the menu somewhere. Also the standalone debugger should have a reset button or something that makes it go back to listen for remote connections. Currently you have to quit and reopen it to have another debug session.
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

Nope still not fixed. Remote debugging ends after the configured timeout (it works! but still disconnects after 60 seconds even if not waiting at a breakpoint). Anyone knows how this thing should work? Do I do something wrong? Ofcourse I can configure a very high timeout, but still... if that period ellapses it will just quit while at the same time the debugging process works before the timeout happens... :?:
Rinzwind
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Rinzwind »

AHA, the whole remote debugging does not work with the IDE which is a shame. I entered /debugconnect=127.0.0.1 (to catch it in another remote desktop session, which works) in the Executable commandline. That does work, but only for the timeout because the local debugger still tries to connect... aha

So run it debug version of the exe outside the IDE is the solution. Integration would be nice and user friendly.