What exactly happened between 5.42 LTS and 5.44 LTS?

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
Kukulkan
Addict
Addict

What exactly happened between 5.42 LTS and 5.44 LTS?

Post by Kukulkan »

I just tried to update the PB version 5.42 LTS to the current 5.44 LTS and did not expect that many issues. But sadly, I have several issues now pointing to problems in either DLL usage or memory management (PeekS, AllocateMemory etc).

In order to help me finding the issues, is there a changelog of what exactly has been done in those versions? So what happened or what functions have been touched or changed? So I would focus on them for searching...

Best,

Kukulkan
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Re: What exactly happened between 5.42 LTS and 5.44 LTS?

Post by Thunder93 »

Not much to offer currently. All I see is fixes to "Some compiler and libraries related bugs", when looking at the History section of the PB Help.

Not pleasant or preferable thing but might be-able to search the Bugs forums using version specific search criteria to see changes, fixes.

You able to paste some culprit lines with error messages?
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
Kukulkan
Addict
Addict

Post by Kukulkan »

I was able to find out at what functionality it fails. I created a bug report here:

http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... =4&t=68074
fryquez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fryquez »

Looks like the Prototype.q bug again. Use 5.43 for now.
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

Sorry to see that. At least it's figured out, and you have a non-preferable workaround. I'm sure Fred is working on it.
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley