Create JPEG or GIF

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
wilbert
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Re: Create JPEG or GIF

Post by wilbert »

Kwai chang caine wrote:When i see all this jobs, very wonderfull, i not understand the difference between a full plugin and this reader of gif.
The advantage of a plugin is that one you register the type with UseGIFImageDecoder(), you can use LoadImage and CatchImage to get the image just like the image formats already supported.
The advantage of code that doesn't use the plugin system is that you can also support for example the loading of images with multiple frames while the PureBasic procedures aren't designed for that.
Kwai chang caine wrote:Is it very difficult to start from this existing big codes for create this plugin ???
I took me a little while to figure out how things are working but to create a decoder, you don't have to implement a lot of procedures.
I tried to create one for OSX today http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... 19&t=66457 and it seems to work.
It should be equally difficult or easy to create a plugin for Windows or Linux.
Windows (x64)
Raspberry Pi OS (Arm64)
Kwai chang caine
Always Here
Always Here

Post by Kwai chang caine »

I tried to create one for OSX today viewtopic.php?f=19&t=66457 and it seems to work.
I feel this time, all my little GIF animations, can be managed a day by the great PB 8)
In fact, i wait nearly ten years....i believe that time with all the great masters like you, Netmaestro, etc ... Fred not be forced to code itself this function, apparently so long to create 8)
Another precious lib for PB, indispensable to have, like COMATE an others... to fill a void 8)

Thanks at you all, to have so much listened at school for be so powerfull, and mainly for sharing this great knowledge, ahead it, i am so much in admiration 8) 8)
I'm so proud to know you .... 8)
ImageThe happiness is a road...
Not a destination
digital32
User
User

Post by digital32 »

Addict gave me what I needed. Thanks all for the help JPEG is good for my reports but I look forward to the Animated GIF Modules.
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

Addict gave me what I needed.
I'll go out on a limb and guess that you mean Wilbert. Agreed, his recent work should meet your needs quite nicely. (And those of many others as well)
BERESHEIT
wilbert
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by wilbert »

netmaestro wrote:I'll go out on a limb and guess that you mean Wilbert.
It wouldn't be surprised if it's the very first reply from Keya that is referred to with Addict. :wink:

@netmaestro,
The module I created still doesn't solve creating gif images in a consistent cross platform way (lack of Linux gif creation support and same kind of color reduction on all OS).
So your initial idea of creating a gif encoder is still a good idea if creating gif images is desired.
Windows (x64)
Raspberry Pi OS (Arm64)
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

My plan is to write the library in c and compile a userlib for each of the platforms. If it looks good enough when I'm finished I'll offer it to Fred to fold into the product. But lots of water has to flow under the bridge before I reach that dizzy height.
BERESHEIT
wilbert
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by wilbert »

netmaestro wrote:My plan is to write the library in c and compile a userlib for each of the platforms. If it looks good enough when I'm finished I'll offer it to Fred to fold into the product.
Sounds like a good idea :)
Windows (x64)
Raspberry Pi OS (Arm64)
Kwai chang caine
Always Here
Always Here

Great master wrote:My plan is to write the library in c and compile a userlib for each of the platforms. If it looks good enough when I'm finished I'll offer it to Fred to fold
into the product. But lots of water has to flow under the bridge before I reach that dizzy height.
All is possible with Animated GIF, .... even translate the kinds words of the greats masters :mrgreen:

ImageImage

ImageImageImage

but

And why not ??? create an universal rebus picture translator ? :D
Not a destination
davido
Addict
Addict

Post by davido »

@KCC

Nice one. :)
DE AA EB
Kwai chang caine
Always Here
Always Here

Thanks a lot DAVIDO 8) :wink:
Not a destination
Michael Vogel
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael Vogel »

netmaestro wrote:I am probably going to write a GIF image plugin for PureBasic this winter when my work slows down, however in the meantime if you're on Windows you can tap gdiplus to load/save gifs:

http://purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=57041

Hm, I need to create an animation which should be inserted into a power point presentation - but therefore I need transparency (hope this will work then)...
I wrote a morphing program which is doing fine, but PB can only create PNG images and so I would need a plugin to do GIF files. Not sure, maybe I've missed a thread, but as it seems for me, this hasn't been done so far, right? :|