Free Windows 10 upgrade

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Re: Free Windows 10 upgrade

Post by TI-994A »

doctornash wrote:...the 'hybrid' Chuwi Hi 8, which'll function both as an Android tablet and as a light-duties windows 10 (Home) machine.
I've not had the pleasure; but if it runs Windows, especially on native, non-emulated Intel architecture, there shouldn't be any issues.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
doctornash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Free Windows 10 upgrade

Post by doctornash »

So, I managed to pick up a Fujitsu Stylistic Q702 Win10 'convertible' which had just come off Corporate PC Lease, for not much more than the Chuwi Hi8, and it does the job perfectly! :D
The great thing about it is that it runs a no-compromise i5 processor (not atom); it boots fast and runs everything I've thrown at it (programming suite, video production s/w etc). Have been able to get by without the keyboard dock most of the time (using just on-screen keyboard, touch and occasionally wireless mouse with the 'tablet' part). For navigational ease, wouldn't want the screen size to be any smaller though.
Just completed my first PB app on it:
http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... 14&t=68046
It feels surreal to get the 'PC experience' in a tablet form factor (using a device that's a few years old no less)