History

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other PB categories.
Josh
Addict
Addict

History

Post by Josh »

Change helps history from:
5th July 2016 : Version 5.50
- Added: #StringConstant$ syntax support, to get the address of a string constant
to:
5th July 2016 : Version 5.50
- Not Added: #StringConstant$ syntax support, to get the address of a string constant
sorry for my bad english
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Re: History

Post by Thunder93 »

According to Fred's official announcement - http://forums.purebasic.com/english/vie ... 14&t=65868 it's suppose to be @#StringConstant$ syntax support. Either way, It doesn't work.

Anyways, 'Not Added' would be starting something different in the help file.

If it wasn't added, that line should be removed entirely out of the History section. If it was but then later removed, '- Removed: ..' from specific PB version would suffice .. keeping with tradition.
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
Sicro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Sicro »

It has worked with the version 5.50 beta1.

I have reported it many month ago:
http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... 23&t=66258
Why OpenSource should have a license :: PB-CodeArchiv-Rebirth :: Pleasant-Dark (syntax color scheme) :: RegEx-Engine (compiles RegExes to NFA/DFA)
Manjaro Xfce x64 (Main system) :: Windows 10 Home (VirtualBox) :: Newest PureBasic version
Josh
Addict
Addict

Post by Josh »

@Thunder93
Have you ever heard something of sarcasm?
Is it not possible to write something here in the forum without getting one of your senseless replies? What's going wrong?

@Sicro
I reported this too, long time ago:
http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... t=constant
sorry for my bad english
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

What are you a 12 year old?

Anyways, posting that under ' Bugs - Documentation ', sarcasm or not, you should be more considered.
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

It would be easy to remove this line from the PB5.50 history, but as I don't know what's the intended behaviour (should it be added/work, but doesn't => would be a regular bug-report then), I leave this topic for Fred to check...
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)