PB5.61 Win7 and Printer_Lib

Windows specific forum
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

PB5.61 Win7 and Printer_Lib

Post by IdeasVacuum »

With an earlier version PB on either Win7x86 or XPx86, the Printer_Lib was working fine.

Using the Printer_Lib Include file.

However, now on Win 7x64 with PB5.61 32bit, I have a very strange issue with paper size.

I'm printing on DL Envelope paper size in Portrait orientation. Paper size is 110mm x 220mm (Approx 416pix x 832pix).

Results with Print-Preview and Print are the same.

Of the print devices available on my PC, Cute PDF and MS XPS Document Writer are perfect, but for the one physical Device (Canon MG3250 inkjet), failure.

For some reason I cannot fathom, the print 'image' size is incorrect for the Canon. Width is 416pix, but Height is 756pix (200mm instead of 220mm).

Has anyone hit a similar issue?
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Re: PB5.61 Win7 and Printer_Lib

Post by srod »

Did you use this same printer on 32-bit Windows where you had no issue or is this a different printer?

Ordinarily I would guess that this would be down to a physical offset of the printer in question; i.e. a 'hard' margin in which the printer is unable to print, but if all worked ok under Win x86 then I would suggest this might be a x64 driver issue. Did you install a 64-bit driver from the manufacturer and is it specifically for the printer in question or a 'compatible' one?

You can check any physical offsets with the GetDeviceCaps_() function.
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Re: PB5.61 Win7 and Printer_Lib

Post by IdeasVacuum »

sRod!

Yeah, the printing worked perfectly on WinXP 32bit, tested with the Canon and an old HP (which got offended by the arrival of the Canon and decided that screwing the paper up is a good way to express this).

So, I tried to botch the scaling and managed to make all printing output fail :wink: GetDeviceCaps_() - good tip.

I have not been working on the app for a while, had to do some non PB stuff. If I look into it again I might find something but I do seem to recall that the Lib was designated as 32bit only by ABB Klaus, not sure why that would be.

Searched the forum for clues and found that people were asking for a decent printer lib in PB back in 2006, so maybe, maybe.
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.