[5.62] The IDEs "About" Window is a bit too small

Post bugs related to the IDE here
Kurzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

[5.62] The IDEs "About" Window is a bit too small

Post by Kurzer »

This is just a small cosmetic problem, but as a nitpicker I mention it anyway.; -)

The window of the about function of the PB IDE is a bit too small for the displayed text. Therefore, a horizontal scrollbar is created. It would look better without the horizontal scrollbar.

My Windows system is set to 125% in the DPI settings.

PB 6.02 x64, OS: Win 7 Pro x64 & Win 11 x64, Desktopscaling: 125%, CPU: I7 6500, RAM: 16 GB, GPU: Intel Graphics HD 520, User age in 2024: 56y
"Happiness is a pet." | "Never run a changing system!"
Lebostein
Addict
Addict

Re: [5.62] The IDEs "About" Window is a bit too small

Post by Lebostein »

At least the version number is correct this time... :wink:
Josh
Addict
Addict

Post by Josh »

Sorry, but if we start stuffing the bug forum with such uninteresting nonsense, really important bugs will never be fixed.

I can't even see a mistake. Where is the problem of a horizontal scrollbar if you use a font size of 125%. Make it better in your applications and everything is fine.
sorry for my bad english
Kurzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Kurzer »

There are supposed to be people who report even if there is one single character or a comma wrong in the help (spelling mistake). So I don't see any problem with my post and I don't understand your displeasure.

Fred will certainly be able to decide for himself whether I steal him so much time with such a report that he cannot fix other bugs. I guess it takes him a maximum of 30 seconds to read my contribution and decide whether or not it is important for him.

PS: I don't use a font size of 125% its the desktop scaling, that means all gui elements are resized to 125% also the about window itself.

PS2: Now I tested it also in a VM with a scaling of 100%. In this case the text fits into the window. So it seems to be a windows scaling thing.
Image Image
PB 6.02 x64, OS: Win 7 Pro x64 & Win 11 x64, Desktopscaling: 125%, CPU: I7 6500, RAM: 16 GB, GPU: Intel Graphics HD 520, User age in 2024: 56y
"Happiness is a pet." | "Never run a changing system!"
Kukulkan
Addict
Addict

Post by Kukulkan »

It is because PB is not DPI aware. There are several threads in this forum complaining about, offering solutions and asking for this as a feature request (including me).

Well, it think in general it is okay to report "every" issue about Purebasic here. But I also have to agree to Josh that this really isn't worth the time spent for reporting. It neither affects functionality nor productivity for ALL of us. I personally hope that Fred looks for a generic solution (DPI Awareness) instead of fixing this single issue. By adding DPI awareness, this issue will be gone anyway.