5.4x, 5.5x, 5.60 beta - Image Transparent

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Re: 5.4x, 5.5x, 5.60 beta - Image Transparent

Post by Thunder93 »

No doubt, you know about images. However your mistaken in this case, the GIMP saved BMP with alpha channel has basically the identical file headers. Comparing the GIMP saved BMP w/Alpha channel to .PNG, the file headers totally different.

I can rename the filetype on the GIMP saved BMP w/Alpha channel, to any of the other image filetypes and open it with GIMP or similar and it'll recognize BMP format. It doesn't think It's BMP because it uses BMP filetype, it knows because it retrieves the files header information.

Your knowledge of working with images, isn't deniable. However there are facts stated about BITMAPs on Wiki, Microsoft and other credible sources. Creators of superb imaging software like GIMP says BMP unless I change image format, then I'm not going to argue with this.
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Re: 5.4x, 5.5x, 5.60 beta - Image Transparent

Post by Thunder93 »

True enough. I always favoured PNG format. For the reasons that you've said.
netmaestro wrote:
Work with me here, PNG is best. It's exponentially smaller and works everywhere.
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley