DrawingBuffer: Missing example

Found an issue in the documentation ? Please report it here !

Moderator: Documentation Editors

Sicro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DrawingBuffer: Missing example

Post by Sicro »

The part in the help looks like this:
ExampleFor an example of how the drawing buffer can be used to create a nice visual effect, take a look here:
Why OpenSource should have a license :: PB-CodeArchiv-Rebirth :: Pleasant-Dark (syntax color scheme) :: RegEx-Engine (compiles RegExes to NFA/DFA)
Manjaro Xfce x64 (Main system) :: Windows 10 Home (VirtualBox) :: Newest PureBasic version
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Re: DrawingBuffer: Missing example

Post by Andre »

In german help-file it looks like this:
Beispiel

Für ein Beispiel, wie der Zeichenbuffer zum Erstellen schöner Grafikeffekte genutzt werden kann, werfen Sie einen Blick auf das:
Beispiel

DirectScreenDrawing.pb
Not perfect, but..... it look like it should.
(The double 'Beispiel' / english 'Example' has something to do with the used 'DocMaker' tags, as here the introduction text finally links to a separate PB code, while it isn't included on this help page directly)
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Post by #NULL »

Still missing.
To clarify: There is no link or code in the english doc on linux (like there is on Windows and online)
In fact there is no example DirectScreenDrawing.pb nor any other example using DrawingBuffer(). Since the Windows/Online version of the example doesn't really run on my system I think the example would have to be adapted to support multple pixel formats (like #PB_PixelFormat_24Bits_RGB | #PB_PixelFormat_ReversedY for example) to run on linux as well. ..instead of just deleting it from the linux version :mrgreen:
Andre
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by Andre »

I just don't know why the example isn't included, when building the PB Linux version... so maybe something to be checked by Fred, when doing the Make/Build process... ;-)

Here is a quote from the PB docs (2DDrawing source doc file), there is nothing "Windows only" or excluding something on Linux...!?
@Example

For an example of how the drawing buffer can be used to create a nice visual effect, take a look here:
@ExampleFile All DirectScreenDrawing.pb

@SeeAlso
@@DrawingBufferPixelFormat, @@DrawingBufferPitch

@SupportedOS
Extending the DirectScreenDrawing.pb example code is another topic. But this is also something I'm not able to do... :|
Bye,
...André
(PureBasicTeam::Docs & Support - PureArea.net | Order:: PureBasic | PureVisionXP)