IDE AutoCase on

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
bfernhout
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

IDE AutoCase on

Post by bfernhout »

I have a request for updating the IDE a little bit.

Two things:
1. The functions and Array name has the same color. This is for search in the source code a problem. Of typing a function as array or vise versa.
2. That is more annoying the AutoCase of variables, Procedures etc. When there is a word typed and the complete word match to some thing why not auto case correction.
e.g. Global GameIsRunning. And later in the code i insert Gameisrunning. The Auto case could solve this by correting the Case setting.

Function or keyword missing:
In the if statment the "then" is missing. I come from Blitz3D where this is in the code. This is handy if you just want a one line comparresing e.g. If a = #True THEN ProcedureReturn Would be nice.
From my first self made computer till now I stil like computers.
Dude
Addict
Addict

Re: IDE AutoCase on

Post by Dude »

(1) There's no way to set the array name color, although normal variables can be colored differently to keywords. Good suggestion!

(2) Variables can be auto-cased if you enable it in the Preferences, and then press Tab when typing their name. In your example, I just type "game" and hit Tab and the IDE inserts it as "GameIsRunning" for me.

(3) You're new here, but If/Then has been discussed before and it's not happening. Here's a workaround from 2006: http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... 12&t=20619
bfernhout
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: IDE AutoCase on

Post by bfernhout »

Thanks Dude
Sure i am new to PB. And learning fast. Converting a old game of my to PB use to be BB.

To come back on number 2: The auto case what I means is I type autocompletline and the IDE turns it to AutoCompletLine.The reason why I ask this is becaus in the program i converting a lot of variables has the same starting name up to 10 characters. So when the autosuggest pops up i got normely 10 to 15 seggestions. I know what i had to type and its faster for me not to use the uppercase while I am typing. And the IDE takes care of it. (I am used to use the IDeal IDE from BB, witch has this option. And I like it.) Its also a double check, if the word is not showing any uppercase the word as variable is wrong.

Thanks for : option of Then. PB has taken a lot of C and inserted this to the basic. Its oke for me. I did not see this in the manual back.
From my first self made computer till now I stil like computers.