A better structured help file

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
Kurzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A better structured help file

Post by Kurzer »

In the meantime, Purebasics command set has grown to a huge amount of commands and covers a wide range of applications (3D gaming, 2D graphics, application programs).

The help is unfortunately not structured apart from distinguishing between the different libs and you can only see a very long list of all libraries.

It would be more clear (especially for beginners) if the library trees in the tree gadget of the help would be subdivided into superordinate areas, so that for example all libs for 3D programming are placed under the tree "3d Graphics". The entries for 2D graphics can be placed under another tree, etc.

As an application programmer, I'm not interested in 3D graphics commands. It would be nice if I could fold them away. Especially the 3D commands have libs, whose names don't necessarily indicate the 3D area at first glance (e. g. Joint, Node, Spline) - at least for someone who doesn't deal with 3D programming.
PB 6.02 x64, OS: Win 7 Pro x64 & Win 11 x64, Desktopscaling: 125%, CPU: I7 6500, RAM: 16 GB, GPU: Intel Graphics HD 520, User age in 2024: 56y
"Happiness is a pet." | "Never run a changing system!"