Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by stephenwhite.
Wow, I seem to be the first PB user poster. Well, let's get the ball rolling...
Are there any plans for the following features in PB for Windows?
1) System tray support
2) Transparent Windows
3) Registry interaction (read/write to the registry)
4) Slider gadgets (this could be in - I'm new to PB and excited
5) Specific INI commands for reading and writing INI files
6) System path detection (such as Windows directory, etc.)
7) Program detection (normally done by checking for the existence of a filetype)
I'm sorry for the long list but I thought it would be interesting to ask.
I used to create apps in Director Lingo - terrible for gadgets but great for OS support. PureBasic is a dream come true for gadgets alone.
In fact, it's worthwhile looking at some of the Director Xtras for the kind of OS interaction they offer.
Many thanks for listening and keep up the great work.