Opening of PB Help file via IDE

Got an idea for enhancing PureBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Opening of PB Help file via IDE

Post by Thunder93 »

Would be nice if pressing F1 to bring up the PB help file, that it would be opened in full screen. Or at least give the option to toggle with in IDE options so that I can see the entire content without needing keep clicking on screen maximization or messing with the horizontal and vertical bars in the help file.
Last edited by Thunder93 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
Dude
Addict
Addict

Re: Opening of PB Help file via IDE

Post by Dude »

It does already. My PureBasic help file always opens maximized, and has for years.
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

With Windows 7 x64, the both PB versions x86 and x64, never showed PB help in true full screen. With Windows 10 x64, I'm still with the same issue.
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

Strange... I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and PureBasic x86 always opens the Help file maximized for me. All you do is maximize it when open, and PureBasic remembers that state for it. I just tested it and that behavior is confirmed: the Help file is opened in the same size it was when you close PureBasic.
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

When the PB Help opens, I'll manually maximize it and exit out. When I open it again, it opens up back to the initial non-maximized state.

Not far enough to the left, not far enough to the right. Goes below the Windows Taskbar.

If I customize the help file to a size less than it appears with, and exit, yes it'll remember that. However the x position isn't remembered, It's over to the right a bit. If I move the smaller help window to the far right and exit, it's over to the left a bit.

of course ... the maximized state never is remembered.

I've remembered these problems with the help file from back when I was running Windows 7.

The PC monitor is 23''.

A clean-install of Windows 10 was performed, so no way an issue was carried over from Windows 7.
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

Alright, so it's not just specific to PB.

Also using ShellExecute API with #SW_SHOWNORMAL parameter, same experiences.

For maximized state #SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED will have to be used.

I hope Fred could offer native control to choose the mode to run its help file.
HeX0R
Addict
Addict

Post by HeX0R »

chm files do handle their positions on their own usualy, maybe your hh.dat get somehow corrupted?
Try to rename or move it, you can find it here:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\HTML Help\hh.dat
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

HTML Help database file isn't corrupted. It'll save CHM Help files dimensions up-to a certain point, won't save maximized state and it won't save to the very left of the screen, and to the very right of the screen.

I'm running under Windows 10, and I've had the exact same experiences running under Windows 7. When I've installed Windows 10, I performed a 'clean install'. Meaning no possible Windows 7 issues was carried over to Windows 10.