Old School Style Demo

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
_aNdy_
User
User

Old School Style Demo

Post by _aNdy_ »

Cosine, the group I'm part of, has just released a very simple old-school style demo that was coded using PureBasic.

It was coded to learn a few things about screen, sprite and sound handling in PureBasic. Although I have coded a few applications in PureBasic, this was a bit of a departure and was done to get a few routines under my belt to be used in a couple of upcoming games, basically PC based conversions of some of our 8-bit games.

A thanks must go to various people on various forums who are always kind enough to share their source and which gave me inspiration on how to achieve various effects.

The demo looks a little like this...

The release zip file also includes the source which has been commented to the max in the hope that others just starting their PureBasic adventure may learn something. Having said that, I'm no professional coder and my 'style' of code may poke more seasoned users in the eye... ;)

The demo called (rather unimaginatively) 'Old School Demo 1', can be downloaded from this page on the Cosine website:

http://www.cosine.org.uk/products.php?p ... _1&4mat=pc
RSBasic

Re: Old School Style Demo

Post by RSBasic »

Cool. Image
I like the music. :D
Did you make the music yourself? With what?
_aNdy_
User
User

Post by _aNdy_ »

Would love to claim to have made the music, but it was done by Jason Page. A description of it is in the demo scroller and a link to his FaceBook page is in the readme file.
Mijikai
Addict
Addict

Post by Mijikai »

Very nice and instrucive 8)
Thanks for sharing.