Application:Domestic Photo Database

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
Blue
Addict
Addict

Re: Application:Domestic Photo Database

Post by Blue »

collectordave wrote:[...]
You only actually save stuff that's provided ready-made for you.
Not quite! The vectoricon designer allows you to design your own icons.
Sorry. Enthused as i was with the possibility of displaying icons dynamically, I missed that. I'll take your word that it's there. But I didn't try it.
collectordave wrote:Now the intriuging bit would be getting the vectoricondesigner to allow you to select icons and read these out as Procedures for inclusion in your programme as in your post above so only the icons you choose from the database are included in your programme.

Did that make sense?
If I understand correctly what you're saying, you worry that including the icon collection's pbi file in your code is going to import the entire content of that file in your code.

But it's not so.

The PB compiler 'forgets' any procedure that is not called specifically by your code; it includes only the stuff you ask for, plus whatever is required by that, of course. So you don't get a final app bloated by 178 icons when you actually want to use only 5 or 6. That's the beauty of having the icons defined as a separate procedure for each one.
"That's not a bug..." said the programmer. "it's a feature! "
"Oh! I see..." replied the blind man.
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Re: Application:Domestic Photo Database

Post by collectordave »

Just a quick note.

The photo database prog uploaded again (the whole thing this time still learning).

Now it does not use enumerations at all except for the menu items where required.

Hopefully stops any conflicts when I add to it in the future.

Regards

cd
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.