D3hexeditor

Applications, Games, Tools, User libs and useful stuff coded in PureBasic
Dadido3
User
User

Re: D3hexeditor

Post by Dadido3 »

Hi,

i have a little preview for the next release.
It contains:
  • A new window management. There are dockable windows instead of the MDI-Gadget mess. See the image.
  • 2D-Viewer to display data. Which most likely would be images
  • Other small changes and bugfixes
>> Download Preview <<

As this is a preview it contains a lot of bugs and not working features, but it is more or less usable in the current state.
I'll try to fix everything in the next days, and perhaps i'm going over the UI to make it more user friendly.
infratec
Always Here
Always Here

Post by infratec »

:thumbup

:mrgreen:
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

Is this still being updated? Looks great!
Dadido3
User
User

Post by Dadido3 »

I still work on it, but i haven't progressed much in the last few months.

My plan until version 1.00 consists mostly of usability fixes (And also some features). There are a lot of small but annoying little things which have to be fixed. Like inconsistencies in how you enter numbers for example, right now some input fields interpret data as hexadecimal, others decimal.
The search also has to be improved. It's missing something like a list of results, so you have a better overview and can jump between the single search results.
Pasting hexdata without spaces also is a problem for now.

There are many of these small issues. And at the beginning of this year i put together a list of bug/usability fixes and other improvements, you can view them here. I'll get back to work throught that todo list soon, perhaps i will even finish version 1.00 in this year.

Additionally i also experimented with the julia "scripting" language, which i will include as a node sooner or later. Then you can "script" your own nodes (like this for example). "Script" in quotes because it is usable like a scripting language but is compiled to machine code on execution. (Well optimized machine code, the compiler is based on LLVM)

If you have some things you would like to be improved put them on GitHub or post them here ;)
djes
Addict
Addict

Post by djes »

Wow, it's a great tool ! Thank you :)