This will be my contribution for PurePunch #3... a coding contest by djes of this pb community with the goal to code something in max 20 lines (max 80 chars per line) and using only ONE 512x512 image and only ONE soundfile ^^
Due fact i have a newer computer (Intel Q8200, Radeon 4870, 8 GB Ram) i cant test it on older systems and how does it works / looks there... So it would be nice if you can give me feedback if the intro looks like the screenshots and if it works okay/smooth on your machine...
I think your gfx card must support textures with sizes like 256x128 instead 256x256... However, the intro sadly dont uses any timer or fps limitation... so it may possible run in different speed on any pc... Sad [i hate this compilcated timer, deltatimer coding and it would not fit into this contest size... so sorry...
Just a small info about the source (will be released as public soon)... This time i dont use any Win32 API... So the source should compile and run on Windows, Linux and Mac
Download Beta-Version from 20-Aug-2009
.: News 20-Aug-2009 :.
* Changed: Intro should now run on any PC in same speed (fps independent)
* Changed: Adjusted graphics a bit
* Changed: Source is now ~ 19,5 lines and should run on Windows, Linux, Mac
.: News 16-Aug-2009 :.
Here in germany we have today an absolutly great summer day but due fact i feel not good, i am still sitting at home and have tried to continue my entry for the pure punch contest 3 (maximal 20 lines - each maximal 80 chars). Here are some things that has been changed:
- Removed: The line drawing stuff (great idea guys, thanks!)
* Changed: Bad abstract tree thing has been replaced by a nice police car which fits hopefully much better into the scene
* Changed: Moving of the lighting blobs has been changed
* Changed: Corrected the author of the tune in the credits screen
* Changed: Background Skyline has been changed a bit (more detailed now)
* Changed: Added new features and hardcore optimized the source (just 19 lines of code now)
+ Added: Reflections of the moving lighting blobs on the floor
+ Added: Atmospheric moon in the sky
+ Added: Animated blue/red lighting on the police car