[5.46 Beta 1] IDE crash attempting to insert new lines

Post bugs related to the IDE here
deeproot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

[5.46 Beta 1] IDE crash attempting to insert new lines

Post by deeproot »

Posting in case useful to the team - sorry if already reported but can't find it specific to 5.46. It may be the same or similar to this - [PB5.44, 5.51, 5.60] IDE crash still alive

Doing a very simple action on this occasion - inserting 2 new code lines into an existing source. Resulted in the following error and crashed the IDE:
An Error has been detected in the IDE!
Error: Segmentation violation
File : /home/fred/svn/v5.40/Fr34k/PureBasicIDE/../PureBasicDebugger/Communication_PipeUnix.pb
Line : 343

IDE build on 11/03/2017 [10:49] by fred
Branch: Revision: 1825
Exact circumstance was:
IDE had several tabs open, all part of one project that had just compiled and run error-free.
Editing an Enumeration block to add 2 more constants into the middle.
With the cursor at an existing EOL, pressed Return key and typed the first line. But when attempting to add the 2nd line by pressing Return at the end of that line, the error happened and the IDE crashed.

Running 5.46 Beta 1 x86 on MX Linux 16.1 32-bit with XFCE (Debian based). OS was recently installed and very standard.

After restarting the IDE and repeating exactly the same action - no problem!

I've had several very similar crashes on this machine and another with Manjaro 17 XFCE, but with different circumstances more difficult to describe. Seems to occur when hitting Return at either the beginning or end of a line. However, some editing sessions go without incident. Can't see any other common factors! Also happens occasionally with PureBasic 5.61 but I think for me, not quite as often as 5.46b1.