PureBasic IDE just Vanishes

Post bugs related to the IDE here
swhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PureBasic IDE just Vanishes

Post by swhite »

Hi

As mentioned in my previous bug report I am using PB 5.45 on OpenSuse 43.2 and sometimes after a mouse click the IDE just vanishes and I am left looking at the desktop.

So I have found the IDE to be very unstable.

Simon
Simon White
dCipher Computing
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Re: PureBasic IDE just Vanishes

Post by collectordave »

This may also be related to this post

http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... 23&t=69394
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
swhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by swhite »

Hi

On Friday the IDE worked fine all day. Now on Monday it vanishes when I click on the "Procedures" tab and I get the following message when re-loading the IDE.
A previous IDE session seems to have ended improperly.
Do you want to open the session history to recover
unsaved changes?
Simon
Simon White
dCipher Computing
swhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by swhite »

Hi

I have also discovered that after using the IDE for a while it seems to settle down and work correctly I cannot say yet what causes the change but at some point the IDE just begins to work and I have not further issues throughout the day. So I am beginning to think that some activity within the IDE affects the stability for the better but I do not know which one. All I can say is the IDE starts out initially as very unstable and then after some time it just works without issues. I have noticed that the auto-complete form works correctly initially during the unstable period then becomes blank once the IDE stabilizes. Perhaps there is a connection.

Simon
Simon White
dCipher Computing
freak
PureBasic Team
PureBasic Team

Post by freak »

Can you start the IDE from a console and tell me if there is some output in the console when the IDE disappears?
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur