Form Designer - Switch Code/Design View - How to automate?

You need some new stunning features ? Tell us here.
barryem
User
User

Form Designer - Switch Code/Design View - How to automate?

Post by barryem »

I've tried adding an icon to the toolbar and even though there's an option to add this I can't make it work. I've also tried setting a shortcut key but I haven't been able to make that work either. Not only does the shortcut or the Icon not switch the view, it never shows up properly on either the toolbar or the list of toolbar items or the list of shortcuts. There's an entry but it doesn't say what it's for.

I realize I've explained this badly but I don't know how else to put it. I create a shortcut and it shows that the shortcut is created but it doesn't do anything, or I create a toolbar item and I can't get it to actually say anything about switching the form designer view even though I've selected that and added it. It just leaves the list entry portion that shows what it does blank.

This is probably the most confused post I've ever made on any forum and I'm sorry about that but I'm very confused. :)

Barry
VB6_to_PBx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Form Designer - Switch Code/Design View - How to automat

Post by VB6_to_PBx »

see my similar Request i made a long time ago here :

http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... 22&t=52508

Picture of added Icon Buttons :

sure would make it very nice if IDE had those Buttons added to it :)

PureBasic .... making tiny electrons do what you want !

"With every mistake we must surely be learning" - George Harrison
falsam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by falsam »

@barryem : You can set a shortcut key for the menu File -> Preference

➽ Windows 11 64-bit - PB 6.0 x64 - AMD Ryzen 7 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti

Sorry for my bad english and the Dunning–Kruger effect.
Marc56us
Addict
Addict

Post by Marc56us »

Hi,

I confirm barryem problems: Me too :| I can't create sortcut or button for switchin Code/Design (and only for this function)

Important precisions:
- I use the latest official PureBasic v5.21 LTS French version (x32 and x86) on Windows 8.1
- I can make any other shortcut ou button for any other functions (work fine)

I can't remember if any other old version where working

--- (in french, for Fred, puisque les rapport de bugs sont à faire sur le forum us)
Je confirme le problème constaté par barryem: Je ne peux pas créer non plus de raccourci ou de bouton sur la fonction de bascule Code/design, et uniquement sur cette fonction.
Précisions:
- J'utilise la dernière version, 5.21 LTS Française x32 et x86 sur winddows 8.1
- Je peux faire n'importe quelle autre raccourci ou bouton sur les autres fonctions.
Je n'ai pas testé sur les anciennes versions.

:wink:
falsam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by falsam »

@Marc56us : J'utilise aussi cette dernière version en français ou anglais et je peux mettre un raccourci qui me permet de basculer vue code vue design et inversement.

I also use the latest version in French or English and I can put a shortcut that allows me to switch to code view design and vice versa.

➽ Windows 11 64-bit - PB 6.0 x64 - AMD Ryzen 7 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti

Sorry for my bad english and the Dunning–Kruger effect.
Marc56us
Addict
Addict

Post by Marc56us »

falsam wrote:@Marc56us : J'utilise aussi cette dernière version en français ou anglais et je peux mettre un raccourci qui me permet de basculer vue code vue design et inversement.

I also use the latest version in French or English and I can put a shortcut that allows me to switch to code view design and vice versa.
OK, Thank Falsam
I just reinstalled version 5.20 LTS in a different directory and shortcut work fine.
But if I open again 5.21 LTS shortcut does not work.

(vfr)
Chez moi ça marche dans la version 5.20 LTS, mais pas dans la 5.21 LTS.
C'est la version complète (j'ai une licence)
J'ai installé un certain nombre de version bêtas sur cette machine, donc il peut rester des clés de registre quelque part?
Je vais faire un essai d'installation propre dans une machine virtuelle "neuve"

Edit 16:55
5.21 LTS x86 installed on a fresh clean virtual machine (XP Pro): same effect: shortcut and/or icon for FormSwich does not work :(
k3pto
User
User

Post by k3pto »

I know this is a couple of years late, but I also would like to see an icon on the tool bar to switch the form code/design view. However, I decided to implement a work-around: since there is a Help icon on the tool bar, I removed its shortcut of 'F1' and made 'F1' a shortcut to switch between the views.
VB6_to_PBx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by VB6_to_PBx »

k3pto wrote:I know this is a couple of years late, but I also would like to see an icon on the tool bar to switch the form code/design view. However, I decided to implement a work-around: since there is a Help icon on the tool bar, I removed its shortcut of 'F1' and made 'F1' a shortcut to switch between the views.

here's .PNG enhanced icons :

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o287 ... g~original

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o287 ... g~original

k3pto
User
User

Post by k3pto »

Hi VB6_toPBx,

I am also a long time VB6 user looking for a replacement. Thank you for the screen shots. It took me a while to figure out what you were showing... but I finally got it! Thank you. I was not aware of this facility within PB.
VB6_to_PBx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by VB6_to_PBx »

k3pto wrote:Hi VB6_toPBx,

I am also a long time VB6 user looking for a replacement. Thank you for the screen shots.
It took me a while to figure out what you were showing... but I finally got it! Thank you.
I was not aware of this facility within PB.
Sorry that i forgot to explain the process fully ...
Glad to hear it was helpful ! :D

PS- i'm finishing up my very last VB6.0 program in a week, from then on nothing but using PureBasic , no more Visual Basic :)

the more you use PureBasic, the more you will realize how many ways PureBasic is superior to VB or VBNET :wink: