Printing Error

Mac OSX specific forum
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Printing Error

Post by collectordave »

I do not know where this bug lies.

I am using the vector drawing commands to print. First to obtain the vector output height etc.

Just using this bit of code:-

Code: Select all

If PrintRequester()

StartPrinting("Test")

StartVectorDrawing(PrinterVectorOutput(#PB_Unit_Millimeter))

Debug VectorOutputHeight()
  Debug VectorOutputWidth()

StopVectorDrawing()

StopPrinting()

EndIf

I run this on a windows machine and on a MACBook PRO.

From the print requester I can select either borderless printing or non borderless.

With borderless selected

On Windows the PageHeight is reported as 297mm and the PageWidth as 210mm
The same on the MAC

Without selecting borderless
On windows The PageHeight is repoted as 291mm and the PageWidth as 204mm
The MAC still reports 297mm and 210mm

This information is obviously gathered from the printer driver as it is available even when the printer is switched off.

Is this a bug with the MAC, the printer driver for the MAC or with the VectorDrawing library for the MAC?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Re: Printing Error

Post by collectordave »

Connected to this I think. MAC OSx seems to simply impose margins which have nothing to do with the printers capabilities.!
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

This may not be a bug at all will need to test a little more, but I have found that the vectordrawing functions actually appear to draw in the correct place no matter what the printer margins are, just cutting off where the printer cannot print.

Will get back after a few more tests.
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Tested on MAC and all works well. The printable area is reported wrong but it makes no difference to printing on the MAC!

NOT a bug as the drawing functions work.