Mac OSX tutorial on the Form Designer

Working on new editor enhancements?
Andrew Lindsay
User
User

Mac OSX tutorial on the Form Designer

Post by Andrew Lindsay »

Hello Group,

Is there a simple tutorial on how to use the form designer with a Mac? I have searched Youtube, but the only english video I find is for the PC and the designer doesn't appear to have the same functionality or layout.

Ideally, I'd love to see a sample with a button and a canvas gadget as an example.

Best regards

Andrew
Andrew Lindsay
-----------------------------------------
Keya
Addict
Addict

Re: Mac OSX tutorial on the Form Designer

Post by Keya »

Andrew Lindsay wrote:with a Mac? I have searched Youtube, but the only english video I find is for the PC and the designer doesn't appear to have the same functionality or layout.
actually the Form Designer is virtually the same on all three OS, i believe they're all compiled from the same Purebasic source!
wilbert
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by wilbert »

Keya is right.
If it looks a lot different, you probably found a tutorial for an older version of PureBasic.
I did see a recent one in german on youtube but not an english one unfortunately.
Windows (x64)
Raspberry Pi OS (Arm64)
Andrew Lindsay
User
User

Post by Andrew Lindsay »

Ok, then rephrasing my request. Does anyone have a quick and dirty, step by step tutorial of how to use the form designer.

How to link gadgets on the firm to code, where the various bits go in which files?

I'm not having any luck at the moment.

Even a simple project file showing the form file and the events code would greatly help.

Regards

Andrew
Andrew Lindsay
-----------------------------------------
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

Andrew Lindsay wrote:Does anyone have a quick and dirty, step by step tutorial of how to use the form designer.

How to link gadgets on the firm to code, where the various bits go in which files?
Perhaps you could take a look at this; it's a walkthrough based on the Windows IDE, which includes a section on using the form designer at the end.

The Basic Anatomy of a PureBasic Program

Just substitute the CTRL keys with Apple's CMD key, and the rest should remain relevant.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D