PB code for hire!

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
mrjiles
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PB code for hire!

Post by mrjiles »

Hi everyone!

I have been a PB user for years. I am a programming amateur and enjoy tinkering around and making small programs with PB for work use from time to time. I have a small tool that I need but do not have the time to build it. I am looking to pay someone to write the code and get me a working program. This will be for internal use only (very specific tool).

## The Program ##

I own a couple of retail stores. Without being too specific here: we collect cellular phone payments in our stores. We ring the payment up in our point-of-sale, collect the money, and then utilize a web service to apply to the payment to the customer's account. We run a daily report in our POS and the website to reconcile the payments at the end of day. We do this to ensure our employees are processing and collecting payments properly. Currently, we manually reconcile these transactions.

So.... there are 2 CSV files. One created by our point-of sale and one created by the website. The POS CSV file has each payment transaction with customer phone number and amount collected. The website CSV (ideally) has matching data. I need code that compares these 2 files and brings to focus any differences for manual review.

##

I realize there are Excel add-ons that do this. The problem is that I need to streamline this work and have a tool available for any employee, not just those that are good with Excel.

PM me if you are interested. My budget is $250-$500 USD. Payment would be via PayPal. Please, only established (trusted) PB forum members!

Please let me know if this type of post is allowed or not. I quickly searched the forum but didn't find any postings similar to this. Don't ban me if it's not allowed!
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Re: PB code for hire!

Post by idle »

mrjiles what a nice offer
Windows 11, Manjaro, Raspberry Pi OS
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

mrjiles wrote:I need code that compares these 2 files and brings to focus any differences for manual review.
If you just want to compare 2 x CSV files, then you don't need a coder for this. There's a million user-friendly and free file-comparison apps out there (such as http://winmerge.org), or you could even use PureBasic itself (Tools menu -> Compare files/folders).
Joakim Christiansen
Addict
Addict

Post by Joakim Christiansen »

I'm on vacation at the moment, but I might cook something up. Could you share some example files that I can use? If it contains sensitive information you can send me the links in a PM.
I like logic, hence I dislike humans but love computers.
mrjiles
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mrjiles »

Thanks everyone for your responses and interest. I apologize, but I probably should have provided an update when IdeasVacuum started working on the project. He completed it in record time and it works great. Thanks Chris!