Windows 10 calculator

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
jack
Addict
Addict

Windows 10 calculator

Post by jack »

I just did a clean Windows 10 build 1703 install and after all the updates were done I launched calculator, it was a huge metro-type window, I closed it and relaunched again and this time it was normal size, intrigued I closed it and launched it again and this time it's size is bigger than the normal but not huge as at first, anyone have an explanation?
[edit] try this, launch calculator leave it open and launch calculator again, the first instance is normal while the second is about twice as big.
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Re: Windows 10 calculator

Post by skywalk »

Not with my Calculator Version 10.1706.2271.0.
Windows 10 Pro x64, v1703, Build 15063.540.

EDIT: Same with latest update and restart.
Windows 10 Pro x64, v1703, Build 15063.608.
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
jack
Addict
Addict

Post by jack »

in Settings->System->Tablet mode, the initial setting was "Use the appropriate mode for my hardware" I changed it to "Use desktop mode" and even after restart, the second instance of Calculator is almost twice as wide.
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

Mine is set to "Use the appropriate mode for my hardware".
EDIT: Same with desktop only setting.
Last edited by skywalk on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Post by IdeasVacuum »

The trouble is that device type detection is not so great :) Depending on your needs, you could install a 3rd party desktop calculator, possibly install the Win7 version or just write your own.
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

October 11 there is suppose to be the final slow ring release of Redstone. Wait it out then get the ISO if you're a 10 user. I eventually stopped maintaining fast ring images because they are doing so many releases..

It has EMET integrated, folder locker, and GPU and VRAM usage per process in task manager. All the security patches in the image alone makes it worth it..
The truth hurts.