GlassWire FireWall

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Zebuddi123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

GlassWire FireWall

Post by Zebuddi123 »

Hi to All. I just thought I would let anyone who is might be interest in a firewall I have come across called Glasswire, It great info on what and who is connecting to you system in real time. Like why does windows 10 Photoviewer.exe connecting to the net :shock: :evil: lol and that the free version. defiantly worth a look.

Zebuddi.

https://www.glasswire.com
malleo, caput, bang. Ego, comprehendunt in tempore
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: GlassWire FireWall

Post by tj1010 »

I doubt it detects most malware traffic since most of them communicate through inline hooking or drivers and it doesn't look to attribute traffic to processes anyway. It's also $200.00.

I use a Sonicwall or Watchguard hardware firewall(well worth the cost which isn't much considering lifespan and function) that has IDS and DPI with AV signature support. No malware can touch it. Sonicwall SOHO is good. Or just use strict outbound rules in any gateway firewall with uPnP disabled and watch for BSOD or weird behavior. On Windows I use sandboxie a lot with rules to block password storage.

The software that has user-count malware authors want and need are becoming out-of-reach for them because hardware and software memory mitigations, and bounties. You can usually attribute malware to a download now. Even though it still usually makes sense to wipe and put a new install on in most cases(I keep a clonezilla backup). Windows also has it's own version of SELinux and Apparmor called AppLock you use through group policy tool on all versions of windows, and I think you can even use it with Hyper-V.. Watch out for UAC bypasses too because there is public unpatched code.
The truth hurts.
aaaaaaaargh
User
User

Re: GlassWire FireWall

Post by aaaaaaaargh »

Hi,
have a look at Comodo Firewall, its free (if you don't use the Antivirus) and although Glasswire is very colourful, Comodo has far more possibilities and doesn't rely on the Windows Packet Filter Api.

Cheers