Loving PB again...

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Loving PB again...

Post by srod »

Well, it has been some time since I did anything serious coding wise as my little business takes up all of my time - and then some! :) However, with the acquisition of some CNC machinery (which I have still to set up!) I find myself in need of some dedicated CAD/CAM software and none of the off the shelf packages really suit our requirements (or our pockets!)

Hence, I have finally found an excuse to discard the dunce hat, dust off the old coding hat and reacquainting myself with Purebasic. Been hammering away now for about a week using any spare time I can find and... the old bug has returned and sunk it's teeth right in!

PB was always fun, but it has come on quite a lot in the time I have been away from coding. Got to say I love the new dialog and vector libraries in particular. The dialog lib is very easy to get to grips with and really makes life easier. Very nice indeed! The best part, is that I now find little reason to delve into the Win API and that is such a bonus. I can stick almost exclusively to native PB commands and functions and that is fantastic. Get so much more done with a fraction of the effort.

A few more things added to the printer lib and I'd be in hog's heaven! (Wink wink nudge nudge say no more! :wink: )

Anyhow, thanks Fred/Timo for your continuing efforts in producing what is such a great programming language.

Right, back to work. :)
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.
heartbone
Addict
Addict

Re: Loving PB again...

Post by heartbone »

I second that emotion.
Keep it BASIC.
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

srod wrote:the old bug has returned and sunk it's teeth right in!
Please use the appropriate forum to report bugs. :wink: Though if you report this one Fred'll probably scratch his head and ask for a snippet!

Very happy to see you coding again!
BERESHEIT
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

oh that's just Fangbeast getting back at ya for being away so long!
Windows 11, Manjaro, Raspberry Pi OS
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

idle wrote:
There was that one time with his shamefully abused goat and nobody lets me forget it!! Damn you!
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF
idle
Always Here
Always Here

Post by idle »

Fangbeast wrote:
idle wrote:
There was that one time with his shamefully abused goat and nobody lets me forget it!! Damn you!
that's all right glaaad to be of service :twisted:
Windows 11, Manjaro, Raspberry Pi OS
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

Might have been my goat fangles, but it wasn't my abuse. Poor old thing had to be put down after it's summer break at your place. It was rabid and foaming at the mouth. Thankfully, it never did learn to talk and I was thus spared the worst of the horrendous details of it's treatment at your hands, but it did draw a few pictures and the shock of that was enough to wipe out all of it's siblings and my eyesight for a couple of months!

My goat farm is now completely devoid of goats. Just a few tumbleweeds blow around the pastures now. Even the sheep legged it and were last reported as fleeing towards an abattoir on the Mexican border.

Last time I arrange a swap with you. It's not even as if you sent me any lookers. The 'kangaroo' you shipped via second class post looked suspiciously like a dead squirrel! Damn thing just sat there all day every day glowering at me and never once answered to the name 'skippy'.

No that was a disappointingly poor arrangement and I am still counting the cost. :)
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

For once, I have totally lost the ability to reply, am howling too loud. That was brilliant!!
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF