Mobile internet usage surpasses desktop usage

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
heartbone
Addict
Addict

Re: Mobile internet usage surpasses desktop usage

Post by heartbone »

My bad.
The last reply that was directed towards TI was a mistake, as it was not his message that I was replying to.
I apologize.
And of course I would not have replied so harshly to a 19 year old. :oops:
#NULL wrote:
Here's a practical experiment you can do to see for yourself:..
thats a very simple and straight forward proposal for sceptics, i like it! but i suggest not using tape or something, otherwise they will blame it on the tape :P
Excellent point.
A couple of large and thick rubber bands or perhaps an elastic gauze sleeve with a pocket would work. :wink:
Keep it BASIC.
Danilo
Addict
Addict

Post by Danilo »

heartbone wrote:This is rather Off Topic (but appreciated), I endorse what you posted Danilo.
We are what we eat, and most of us can do better once we learn what to do.
Sorry for Offtopic! It's just that I think (now) that nutrition is one of the most
important things in our lifes. Unfortunately, I didn't learn about this at school.
Instead, I learn about good nutrition and vitamins myself, at the age of 39 years.
It's really bad such important, essential, stuff isn't thought at school... but thanks to
the Internet every adult is able to educate themselves nowadays.

No more excuses, the knowledge is out there! (If you want to know!)

Dead or Alive - it's your very own choice!
fsw
Addict
Addict

Post by fsw »

Danilo wrote:
heartbone wrote:This is rather Off Topic (but appreciated), I endorse what you posted Danilo.
We are what we eat, and most of us can do better once we learn what to do.
Sorry for Offtopic! It's just that I think (now) that nutrition is one of the most
important things in our lifes. Unfortunately, I didn't learn about this at school...
Don't feel sorry Danilo.
20 years ago the Food-Pyramid looked different than today.
If you would have listened back then, you would have eaten the wrong stuff anyway :wink:

Look at the following pyramid.
It's upside down to show what you should eat the most: vegetables :!:

I am to provide the public with beneficial shocks.
Alfred Hitshock
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

Wow, talk about hijacking a thread! :lol: What happened to discussing mobile vs desktop usage?
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

heartbone wrote:First I evaluate the message, and usually not the messenger...

...read the following comment by Halideum...

"...take a smartphone ... and tape it to any part of your body and keep it there for a few months without removing it... If, after some time that part of your body has not become completely numbed down and filled with pain i would be very surprised. ..."
This single post alone confirms that your sources are numbskulls like yourself, ignorantly spewing scientifically-unfounded, cockamamie theories.

Here's a free piece of advice; always evaluate the messenger before heeding the message. It's a simple concept known as common sense. :lol:
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

Okay, I'll join in. :)
heartbone wrote:take a smartphone which has 4G and wifi turned on and tape it to any part of your body and keep it there for a few months without removing it except for when you take a shower/bath.
People don't have smartphones strapped to their heads 24/7 for months (not even for a day), so this test is pointless.
heartbone wrote:install a smart meter next to your bed and see if you don't find it very difficult to sleep after some time.
Smart meter? Or did you mean phone? My smart phone is next to my bed (50 cm away from my head) and I sleep like a baby every night. Am I not supposed to?
DarkDragon
Addict
Addict

Post by DarkDragon »

Btw the blue light of your smartphone screen is definately making it more difficult to sleep, not the radio waves. I also have my smartphone next to my bed, but I don't turn the screen on, so I sleep as before I had it.
bye,
Daniel
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

You can't really deny microwaves cause accelerated cell growth A.K.A. cancer. IEEE themselves admit to it happening in testing in official documents..

I think distance from transmission has something to do with it. I know first-hand two people who got tumors in their heads from cellphones under their pillows.

You also can't forget noise and sight pollution. Also real. It's no longer possible to not become desensitized to sound and movement because of over-population and it's supporting development.

Anyone ever read Issac Asimov books, especially the first of the robot series? Those social-economics are real. Over-population is very bad and you can't control birth rates or breeding because it's considered oppressive to force discipline and conservation even when it impedes on others basic rights..
The truth hurts.
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

tj1010 wrote:You can't really deny microwaves cause accelerated cell growth A.K.A. cancer. IEEE themselves admit to it happening in testing in official documents..
TTBOMK, no such claim has been made in reference to human biology. :wink:
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

TI-994A wrote:
tj1010 wrote:You can't really deny microwaves cause accelerated cell growth A.K.A. cancer. IEEE themselves admit to it happening in testing in official documents..
TTBOMK, no such claim has been made in reference to human biology. :wink:

Pigs and mice have close-enough DNA.

Also I don't imagine knowing people who got tumors from having their cellphones under their pillows every night..
The truth hurts.
heartbone
Addict
Addict

Post by heartbone »

Way Off Topic
The wild cabbage plant was first cultivated in the Mediterranean Sea area about 3,500 years ago.
Selective breeding over the centuries has produced many distinctive cultivars.
fsw wrote:
Danilo wrote:Sorry for Offtopic! It's just that I think (now) that nutrition is one of the most
important things in our lifes. Unfortunately, I didn't learn about this at school...
Don't feel sorry Danilo.
20 years ago the Food-Pyramid looked different than today.
If you would have listened back then, you would have eaten the wrong stuff anyway :wink:

Look at the following pyramid.
It's upside down to show what you should eat the most: vegetables :!:

In that chart the top 17 best foods are all vegetables. (OK tomato is botanically a fruit.)
Of the 17, over half are Brassicas, and six are the same plant species!
How many knew that most popular vegetables are the same plant?

Brassica oleracea
1] Collard Greens
2] Kale
8] Brussels Sprouts
11] Cabbage
13] Broccoli
17] Cauliflower

Brassica rapa
4] Bok Choy
6] Broccoli Rapa
7] Napa Cabbage
Keep it BASIC.
es_91
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by es_91 »

Somehow into me creeps the feeling that 'internet usage' is was less significant in determing what operating systems/processor types really are being used. I know (strange) people that hardly spend time on the internet while sitting 4 hours a day on their computer. They're not online all-those-4-hours while some 12 yo-social networking freak propably spends almost the entire battery live of his android or iOS being recognized by stat counters concerning his web usage.

Say, i kind-of doubt that the later news mean, mobile has become as meaningful as desktop by now.
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

es_91 wrote:...i kind-of doubt that the later news mean, mobile has become as meaningful as desktop by now.
True. Furthermore, even if mobile-use supersedes desktops, they would never replace them. Whatever the OS's might be, the form-factors are engineered for different purposes.
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

One big problem nobody is addressing with stricter policy is how phones with more uses effect productivity. I'm pretty sure if GDP wasn't doctored in most countries(like production of minted currency) you'd see a curve.

Places of employment with things like unions probably get hit with this hard..
The truth hurts.
#NULL
Addict
Addict

Post by #NULL »

I just remembered this thread while reading something and thought i would post the link:

"Oxidative mechanisms of biological activity of low-intensity radiofrequency radiation"
https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/60001122232.pdf
(16 pages PDF, but comes down to only 6 pages of actual text without the references)
Abstract
This review aims to cover experimental data on oxidative effects of low-intensity radio-
frequency radiation (RFR) in living cells. Analysis of the currently available peer-reviewed
scientific literature reveals molecular effects induced by low-intensity RFR in living cells; this
includes significant activation of key pathways generating reactive oxygen species (ROS),
activation of peroxidation, oxidative damage of DNA and changes in the activity of antioxidant
enzymes. It indicates that among 100 currently available peer-reviewed studies dealing with
oxidative effects of low-intensity RFR, in general, 93 confirmed that RFR induces oxidative
effects in biological systems. A wide pathogenic potential of the induced ROS and their
involvement in cell signaling pathways explains a range of biological/health effects of low-
intensity RFR, which include both cancer and non-cancer pathologies. In conclusion, our
analysis demonstrates that low-intensity RFR is an expressive oxidative agent for living cells
with a high pathogenic potential and that the oxidative stress induced by RFR exposure should
be recognized as one of the primary mechanisms of the biological activity of this kind of
radiation.