Windows 10

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
dobro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Windows 10

Post by dobro »

@Joakim Christiansen

you can be sure that spying stops there?

your photos, your hacked programs, ok, but your opignons, your choices, your taste
if tomorrow your government is turning into a dictatorship, you will already stuck ,
the information on your person will be used against you !

they will not have long to pick you

you can not say "it's not true, it's not my opinion" ...

This is not paranoia, just caution
we can also say that you are naive ;)
Windows 98/7/10 - PB 5.42
■ sites : http://michel.dobro.free.fr/
electrochrisso
Addict
Addict

Post by electrochrisso »

What dobro say is true, but the main thing for now is the collection of heaps of data on persons for the purposes of marketing so Microsoft can sell this data to corporations and make them even more wealthy, I presume apple, android and google etc, are doing this too, I would say that Linux will most probably be the safest way to go for privacy in the near future.
PureBasic! Purely one of the best 8)
dobro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by dobro »

yes, it would be normal, to be paid for these data :)
Windows 98/7/10 - PB 5.42
■ sites : http://michel.dobro.free.fr/
DontTalkToMe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by DontTalkToMe »

I'm still fixated on the "updating the stuff I want when I want", personally.

http://betanews.com/2016/05/04/windows- ... ng-stream/
the.weavster
Addict
Addict

Post by the.weavster »

Joakim Christiansen wrote:I love having the NSA spy on my online life, I support them, if they can catch terrorists and pedophiles this way then I owe them a big thank you!! :D *thumbs up*

Why are people always so afraid?
What is it they are afraid of? People are seriously just paranoid and stupid these days... Like somebody would give A SHIT if you browsed some naughty sites or if you downloaded pirated stuff, that is not what they are after!!!
Laws are enacted in the pretence of protecting the population from terrorists but that's not what they're really for. We already have plenty of experience of this in the UK, see here, here and here for just a few examples.
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

After July 29, upgrading from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10 will cost $119.
Probably a good time to get that Windows 10 Virtual Machine up and running now if you haven't yet!!!
i guess even if you don't use it many of us here probably still need to test our apps with it :D

And my favorite part of running Windows 10 in a VM? - keeping the darn thing disconnected, lol
DontTalkToMe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by DontTalkToMe »

Microsoft is actually a paladin fighting for your privacy

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres- ... eid=yhoof2

I'm still waiting for the ability to select what I want to update or not in Win 10, anyway.

http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... 98#p475698
Last edited by DontTalkToMe on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zebuddi123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Zebuddi123 »

Just in case some have no come across "Gibson Research Never 10" Works well

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm?1

Zebuddi. :)
malleo, caput, bang. Ego, comprehendunt in tempore
TI-994A
Addict
Addict

Post by TI-994A »

wyc8lme wrote:...Click on Paranoia Can Be Real, when you're not sure about what's I am saying.
It's not paranoia if it's real. And the only way around such things is to fall off the grid. :wink:

Welcome to the PureBasic forum, btw.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too! Please visit my YouTube Channel :D
infratec
Always Here
Always Here

Post by infratec »

As networker ...

I'm totally unhappy with Win10.

Problems with WLANs after sleepmode (I already disabled switching off of the device)
And ...

It is not possible to use VLANs with my Intel and Realtek network cards !!!

A nightmare.
Was working in all previous versions.

Bernd
heartbone
Addict
Addict

Post by heartbone »

If after you read the information at the following link, you still have a shred of respect for the Microsoft Corporation, then I feel sorry for you.
Windows 10 upgrade app breaks Microsoft's own guidelines and violates its own rules on how developers should behave.
infratec wrote:As networker ...

I'm totally unhappy with Win10.

{snip}

A nightmare.
Was working in all previous versions.

Bernd
I bought my second daughter a computer and updated everything and then put it back into the box for back to school.
Since it was already totally backed up, I was strongly considering putting WinX on it, just to play with it temporarily,
reserving her a license, and then restoring the box back to 7.
However, while researching for a way to turn off the file sharing between the existing Win7 computers and the Win10 box,
while allowing the Win7 boxes to continue file sharing amongst themselves...
while allowing all computers to still be networked for internet and LAN applications...
I found this gem of a page, and decided to forget about it.
Keep it BASIC.
heartbone
Addict
Addict

Post by heartbone »

Windows 10 Anniversary Update deleting Linux partitions?

Seriously?

JSMHASMS

I'm sure that M$ isn't that stupid.
I'm positive that if they uninstall/rollback the update, then things will return to normal.
Keep it BASIC.
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Post by IdeasVacuum »

IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
doctorized
Addict
Addict

Post by doctorized »

I had win 7 and ubuntu 16.04 on my laptop. I deleted win 7 and installed 10. I am full of problems. Linux is there, just the bootloader seems to have forgotten them. I used easybcd to restore the bootloader. Sometimes I see the old good win XP loader, some other times I see the new Vista+ loader. Sometimes I sellect to shut down, it says that it is shutting down and after 3-4 seconds I see my desktop again fully functional!! The only way to close this "Hydra" is to unplug power connection and buttery off. Many devices don't have drivers, some of them accept win 7 driver, some others don't. The smbus controller seems to be absent, I love windows 10!! They are perfect!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Lunasole
Addict
Addict

Post by Lunasole »

@doctorized, cool tale about "hydra" :D

But well, it is funny only while just reading such posts from a side. Recently I encountered notebook with WIN10 too and that was not funny. I wasted about 30m just to find and open device manager (struggling with a lot of primitive useless windows with one-large-button-for-a-whole-screen, by some mistake called "settings" in that win10) and just become shocked when seen it's "task manager" and "control panel" itself (fortunately later just laughed on them and forgot). And yes, I had problem with sound card and it remained unresolved too, because none of downloaded drivers worked well.

From that experience I can tell it is even worst of what I've knew and imaged before used it first time. That even is not OS, rather something like chrome browser (or like one specific distro of linux I've tried sometime -- that was just some one-click fancy looking gui with large buttons, purposed just for viewing movies/listening music, lol, unfortunately can't remember its name), I can't even suggest how it might be possible to sit with Windows 10 everyday
Last edited by Lunasole on Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"W̷i̷s̷h̷i̷n̷g o̷n a s̷t̷a̷r"