The Venus Project

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
Thorium
Addict
Addict

Re: The Venus Project

Post by Thorium »

djes wrote:What do you think of E. Musk ? He's one of the first rich person that is doing something really big to change the world with his money. He's a bit different, as he's risking his business everytime, and seems not interested to have more and more, but to do.
Actualy kind of a role model for me. I am impressed by a lot that he and his supporters have accomplished.
However i am going into a very different direction with my projects. Also i am not rich. Well beeing rich is allways a relativ term. I have a lot more money then i had, when i was working a day job. Still i life exactly the same and try to use the money for something usefull.
djes wrote: It illustrates also that the richest's power is now as big as some states ; is it a good thing that only one person can take decisions impacting billions of people ? It seems to me that democratic control is weaker than ever.
Thats true. It's like cyber punkt. Big corporations actualy take the important descission. Politics get more and more powerless. However i hate politics. Not a single person i would trust enough to follow every descission. They lie, they are greedy. It kind of pisses me off. I mean it's pretty much accepted that they openly lie to us without concequences.

Democraty is a nice concept. However it works only if people are interessted in politics, if they follow events and take descission who they elect based on rational thought. Thats just not the case. Sometimes i think people actualy want to be lied to.

I propose to change to a technocracy in which descission are taken based on scientific knowlege and reasoning. Where the system itself can change if new scientific discoverys have been made. Where a descission must be based on scintific studies and common logic.
There are a lot of problems with technocracy as well. However we still have time to start figure them out. A transition can only be made slowly step by step anyway.
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

Thorium wrote:
tj1010 wrote: Some of the most crude and greedy people I've ever met worked at the local department stores and restaurants, and I pretty much live all over the world.. It's a lot larger than what the _rich people do it all_ narrative that is laid out at millisecond intervals suggests..
I agree with that. A lot of the "not rich people" do the exact same as the "bad rich people", just on smaler scale. And they would do the exact same if they had more money and would be in the same situation as "the rich people".

What the venus projects proposes is not just society but a focus on cultural change. A conscious manipulation of our cultural influences to change the way we feel and think. That sounds bad at first. Like no one wants to be manipulated. The truth is you are manipulates all the time. The only difference is that it's now only done for greed, it's only done so you spend your money in one place instead of another. However we could leavarage that to create a new culture, a culture that is not about greed. A culture in that contribution to the wellfare of society is more valuable than personal property. And i believe that is achievable. We humans dont work out of greed. Thats not the driving force. The real driving force is appreciation by others. We are herd animals by nature. How others appriciate us is extremly important for us. The whole greed thing is more or less just there to impress others, so they give you appreciation. Look at people like Steve Jobs, who in all honesty was a ahole. But look how much appriciation he got, he must have felt realy good. It enforced him in his behaviour. We need to enforce different behaviour by giving appriciation to different behaviour. Now how to do that on a large scale in a word wide society that works very differently is a large scale problem. But in my opinion totaly worth it to put our ressources in to try and find a solution.

The very fact that people think about changes in that direction shows that change is posssible and that we are not all motivated by greed.

Actualy the whole point of me giving up my job and starting my own company was to free myself from a greed dictated situation. And my big goal and driving force to push my compony forward is to actualy do some change to the world, to accumulate ressources to actualy be able to do something.

I could be making 10K € a month easily right now for my personal use. But i dont. I throw out a lot of money every month to invest in future projects. I dont drive a fancy car. I still live in a small apartment. I dont care about personal property that much. I get my appriciation from my employees, from my customers and from my future plans that i envision. And yes, you can be a company that does not do illegal stuff, treats there employees and customers well and still be successfull. I am living it right now.
Whether it's France, Africa, Russia, Japan, China, the US or any other country you care to mention; the second you mention cultural adjustment around the social demographics who mostly see only the benefits of the status quo you're going to be met with almost instant hostility.. Most people, even the lesser advantaged, are terrified someone with influence might bring up the reason there is poverty and homeless is the social majority avoid these people.. It's next to impossible to acquire currency if the people with currency are trying to avoid you.. Unless you break laws where you'll likely go to prison..

This subject mostly exists because the average person is dishonest about bias.. Not because the system doesn't have the right logistics or overseers.. This is why ethnic and social minorities are making a huge mistake by listening to pop culture and embracing political correctness.. They are basically saying it's fine if everyone ignores the problem for as long as they need; which is probably at least till they get their great grand kids through college using their nicely shielded social-currency..

TL; DR; most countries and thus cultures have socially regulated free markets.. Ethnic and social minorities naturally are more likely to experience poverty. This isn't politically correct so it can't possibly be the truth, though..
The truth hurts.
Thorium
Addict
Addict

Post by Thorium »

tj1010 wrote: TThis is why ethnic and social minorities are making a huge mistake by listening to pop culture and embracing political correctness.. They are basically saying it's fine if everyone ignores the problem for as long as they need; which is probably at least till they get their great grand kids through college using their nicely shielded social-currency..
I agree. Movements like "Black lives matter" are incredibly stupid. They embrace the exact same matters they claim to fight against and are actualy quite racist.

You know how to get rid of racism? You just stop caring about it. Is as simple as that. The whole concept of privilege by birth, like skin color, is so ridiculous. The real reason this whole thing blew up so much is because it's easy to blame others that you don't get what you want from life. You can feel good about yourself while you are failing at your life because it's not your falt, it's theirs fault.
All what this realy does is create gaps between people. Strengthen the idea a racial differences and racial superiority. And most importantly don't solve any life issues. The reality is you have to work for what you want. And if you are born with disadvantages, bitching about it will get you nowhere. You have to overcome them, like many great people in history did.
djes
Addict
Addict

Post by djes »

Thorium wrote:You know how to get rid of racism? You just stop caring about it. Is as simple as that. The whole concept of privilege by birth, like skin color, is so ridiculous. The real reason this whole thing blew up so much is because it's easy to blame others that you don't get what you want from life. You can feel good about yourself while you are failing at your life because it's not your falt, it's theirs fault.
All what this realy does is create gaps between people. Strengthen the idea a racial differences and racial superiority. And most importantly don't solve any life issues. The reality is you have to work for what you want. And if you are born with disadvantages, bitching about it will get you nowhere. You have to overcome them, like many great people in history did.
I'm sorry but when you're talking like that, it seems so illegitimate that it makes me feel uncomfortable. History has proven that if you don't react, nothing happens. And what have changed things is basically courageous people, risking and often loosing their lives to tell the truth. It could be non violent, like poetry or speech, but loud enough to resonate inside every people heart. Overcoming is not an easy task, and more than that, you shouldn't have to overcome ; so, as long as it exists, you have to fight to change things. As there's a lot of unfair parts in our world, we'll have to fight (at least by voting, consuming, working, being) our life long.
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

Antifa aren't even ethnic or social minorities.. It's mostly white people who grew up in at least six-figure households and still have family members living in white-only neighborhoods.. The few who have been identified were college professors and engineers who basically got a free ride all the way up till they started making their 70k a year..

Gentrification of entire regions and outsourcing are the only things really going after the under privileged ethnic and social groups and the average antifa member or PC lawsuit hunter are a contributing source of that..
The truth hurts.